aliwal shoel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darryl15

Registered
Reaction score
hi

going to be diving aliwal shoel in november, what can i expect to see and who do you guys recommend to dive with down there.

We dove Aliwal Shoal a year ago. We went with Aliwal Dive Charters, who were friendly, safety-conscious, helpful, and generally good to dive with.

The surf was big and it was a white-water thrill ride out to the dive spot--lots of fun, although most of us ended up with sore arms from holding on for dear life! But the skippers were excellent, and we felt totally safe. When you get on the boat, you might want to think about which side is going to get the spray. I managed to get the wet side every time. :p

As for the dive--WOW! Dolphins, sharks, manta rays, turtles, huge stingrays. All up close, too! This was on just two dives. I don't think I've ever enjoyed my dives so much! And that's saying a lot!

Enjoy! I wish I was going along!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom