All In All Not A Bad Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This should be a pretty easy yak dive, not from service club park, but rather from the new park just north of Sharky's. There is no easy way to get a yak to the beach at service club park since the board walk ends at the dune line with steep stairs. The new park has a couple of easy paths for a yak cart. I load my yak at the truck, while its on the cart and haul it fully loaded to the water.

This should be a pretty easy yak dive, not from service club park, but rather from the new park just north of Sharky's. There is no easy way to get a yak to the beach at service club park since the board walk ends at the dune line with steep stairs. The new park has a couple of easy paths for a yak cart. I load my yak at the truck, while its on the cart and haul it fully loaded to the water.

That would be too easy. We didn't have a cart so we parked at Service Park and carried the kayaks and all our gear to the water. Then we had the chaotic adventure that was posted earlier. I think I'm gonna stick to walking out and diving the old fashioned way. This fat guy isn't made for a yak.

"Too easy"? Nothing is too easy (spoken as the president of the old fat guy club)! I've done things the hard way most of my life, I'm just starting to learn about the "easy way".

The park we dove, was the Service Park across the street from the airport. When you walk out on the boardwalk, go left about 20yds. Your reference point will be the two tall "pine" trees. Swim straight out the length of the pier and then another 1/2-1 full length of the pier again. You should be right on top of the reef. Anybody want to go this Sat/Sun????

J.R.

I'd be interested in doing this dive on Saturday. But, I gotta do it as a yak dive. My knees won't handle a whole bunch of stairs with a tank on my back. Would it be possible for ya'll to go out of the service park & I'll paddle out of the new park & meet ya at the reef? Maybe you could hang a colored streamer on your flag. That way I'd know it was you & I could just give the flag a yank when I arrive. I'm willing to carry free cold drinks on board.:D

I'd be interested in doing this dive on Saturday. But, I gotta do it as a yak dive. My knees won't handle a whole bunch of stairs with a tank on my back. Would it be possible for ya'll to go out of the service park & I'll paddle out of the new park & meet ya at the reef? Maybe you could hang a colored streamer on your flag. That way I'd know it was you & I could just give the flag a yank when I arrive. I'm willing to carry free cold drinks on board.:D

We usually get down there between 8-9am. What do you think? My girlfriend and I will be there and I've got a buddy who wants to come also.

That time works for me. :D

I don't know folks but, it looks to me, with the weather system sitting over us, that our viz may be shot for the weekend.:shakehead: What do ya'll think?

I agree. I don't think the weather is going to permit a dive this weekend. We might have to reschedule. However, I'm willing to keep the dive on standby, just in case the weather permits.

Sounds good to me. Let's see what today brings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom