All the boyz are doing it, now it's our turn!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shave...glue...tape...forget it I love my wetsuit, I love my wetsuit, I love my wetsuit.

you lost me on the shave bit...im a wax girl and not brave enough for the brazillian!

but good to see someone finally giving the concept a go!

I am eagerly awaiting yours, and Heather's evaluations of this, especially since I am about to buy a new drysuit. And if this works well, I'll have the factory install the p-valve.

I think one would give them some directions. But we don't have the jib considerations, you know :)

you lost me on the shave bit...im a wax girl and not brave enough for the brazillian!

Go for it. You will LOVE it.

Keep in mind, this is a great thing not only for female tech divers, but female INSTRUCTORS as well... Or anyone who's had to turn a dive to pee... etc...

These are still in the developmental stage, the mold has not yet been 'made' so now is the time to try one out and give feedback... The only way something like this will get better is if we look at the up side of this endeavor and not the negatives, and give input!

Unfortunately, I'm not real keen on spending almost a hundred dollars to beta test something . . .

there are at least 20 or so currently in play and Heleen is on to the third production round (she's been making them for about a year from what i can tell) ... They are working on a mold for faster production capabilities.

What ever happened to venture capitalism? We want things like this but are not willing to cough it up and give it a chance?

There are many things in diving (and every day life) that we 'beta' test... Take your impending new suit for example... Or my first backplate and wings system when I bought it many years ago when they were being hand molded/cut one by one.

FWIW, I'm a scrub tech by profession, so I don't have much extra $$, but this is something I think is a worthwhile 'investment' so to speak.

If we buy them, she makes more... Maybe if we come up with solid input based on use, and the design gets better those of us who helped in the beginning will reap some benefits... Like a real live pee device for WOMEN! YAY!

This is not directed at anyone in particular, it's just a general statement meant for everyone who chooses to see this glass as half empty (all the down sides like shaving, tape, etc...) as opposed to half full (w00t! finally! something new to try!)

Or anyone who's had to turn a dive to pee... etc...

Yeah.. that's happened to me... really really really sucks... Doing a drift dive in the St. Lawrence, I had to turn it after 60 minutes, in absolute agony. My buddy and I got out... The others kept going for another 20 minutes... Pfftt...:mooner:

From that day on, I've used a diaper on longer dives, but would prefer something like that. I look forward to your report before cutting the inevitable hole in my drysuit..

Another option to waxing or shaving is laser hair removal. I am also looking into this...

Back
Top Bottom