Alternate/overflow boat for the Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kewl - Kimber (Down4Fun) called me and stated she "took care of it."

Now I have to call the other op and cancel the 07/14/2007 AM Dive on the Spiegel.

This trip will pretty much fill my dive scheldule for the trip, woo hooo.

See you'se (ya'll) there.

This is true.

Truck I called and spoke with Jacky. Eric and I are confirmed for the 14th.

Looking forward to meeting and diving with you all.

Capt Gary:
Just an FYI that some spaces have opened up and have been posted on the invasion website. Of course you're welcome to find another operator besides Blue Water and CRD to go with. Just let us know if you were scheduled on our boats and decide to go with another operator so you won't get charged. Deadline is June 1st.

Good Diving,
Gary,
I checked for open slots, unfortunately there were not two spots so that Eric and I could dive together. So we opted for this trip on Saturday. I believe Eric contacted Brenda to let her know if the change. We are still diving with your op Friday, Sunday and Monday. I hope this has not created any problems. I know I for one, am pleased with the diving ahead and looking forward to meeting and diving with some new people.
Kim

The wreckers enjoyed a great day of diving on Saturday. We had Cristal Clear's 42' Newton with a catered lunch and just 8 divers aboard.

First we hit the Bibb and I have to say, it was the best dive I've done on her, minimal current, 100' of viz, and big fish life galore.

Next we dove the Duane after an 80 minute SI. Again, great viz and no current. We did some swim throughs from the rear of the main deck fwd and then up the stairs (two times) with basically the entire 35 minutes spent somewhere inside the wreck.

Then we leisurely motored down to the Eagle while we prepped and ate a tasty lunch. Again we had an 80 minute SI and and a 35 minute BT on the wreck. Once again we were treated with good viz (by Eagle standards) of 60' and no current. Since I did the night dive w/ CRD the night before, it was kinda cool to see the wreck in daytime so soon after seeing it at night. Ron (Truck1) saw a bull shark off the stern but I missed it :11: I did see a free swimming nurse shark, a free swimming moray, and found a few jewfish hiding deep inside the wreck along with some new passages I hadn't explored before.

After this dive, we motored up to the SG. I elected to sit this one out and since we had some green water and what appeared to be a knot plus of current, it seemed like I picked the right one to sit out. (Ron, Eric, Kim, feel free to jump in here :wink: )

I want to thank Ron for putting this trip on the books with CCC, and Ron, Kim, and Eric for making the trip a memorable one.

Since Brian already covered the first 3 wrecks Ill jump in on the Spiegel.After holding on a outside ball for a few the remaining 7 divers (4 from an outside group that joined us) found a swift current.We came down on the superstructure ball and investigated the upper portions of the bridge.We came down one side of the ship and found the plaque that was mounted for the groups who donated to the reefing.We stayed close to the ship to keep clear of the current.Vis was about 30 feet.The few fish out were the larger species.On the way back to the surface we did our flag impersonations.Holding at 15' if you let go of the line you would have been 3 miles or more behind the boat.
I had a lot of fun that trip and hope we can do it again sometime.
Heres a link to the pics I took of the wrecks including the bull shark on the Eagle.The shark was about 15 feet behind the stern about 20-30 feet off the bottom.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/engtroll/Invasion II/

I can't believe I missed him :(

Pict0018.jpg

It was a dumb luck thing.It took a sec to register and by the time I caught you he was gone.

oh and I added a video to the page

deepstops:
I can't believe I missed him :(

Pict0018.jpg

No worries, I got him :D

Missed you guys at the party, except Rico Suave and Danielle. No worries, you guys didn't miss a thing.

Kim and Eric, we really need to get together and dive again. :) Johnny and I enjoyed that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom