Aluminum Hanger Bracket(?) Pop Riveted to Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasteve65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen this any number of times on hard plastic consoles but have yet to see the other half. Can anyone show us a picture? or at least describe where it attached? Thanks.

Attachments

• Pennformclose.jpg
    Pennformclose.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 74
I am pretty sure I still have one at home that came in with some old regs. But I am in MN for the week so it will be Jan 30 before I can check and take pictures.

Here's a pic of front and back. I'm assuming there must be a mating half that gets attached to the BCD somewhere/somehow thereby keeping your console close at hand. I've come across several in slightly different variations but always on a plastic console.

Attachments

• penneformclose2.jpg
    penneformclose2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 70
I think those were for a watch and compass, additional guages etc, not attachment to a BC but beats me. Consoles are not really vintage, don't the DIR people use those or like that?

N

Yes, I am fairly sure that was for the old SOS decompression meter (aka the Bend-o Matic).

Scubapro was one of the largest resellers of the decompression meter and they also sold a plastic console with a similar mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom