Am I a Dork Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I would've loved to use Level II BASIC on my TRS-80 Model III (or Enhanced Color Basic on my TRS-80 CoCo2), and even QBasic from my old MS-DOS disks would have been nice, I must admit that I just fired up trusty old Notepad and typed it in by hand. Then I hand colored it, too.

(Sometimes, you just have to get your hands dirty with the art. Plus, it was easier than writing a renderer and then developing actual mathematical models for the four cases. If it were higher res, I could've used the aa library or one of its descendants, but for such low res, hand-painting just gives better results. :biggrin:)

Incidentally, it didn't even gather *ONE* comment on the poor thread it was created for. The NDDs there were too busy trolling against each other to enjoy a little ray of ASCII sunshine. Oh, well. :)

Jeez, you're such a Dork!! :dork2:

Then I hand colored it, too.

How did you get the paint brush to paint through the monitor? :rofl3::rofl3:

AAHH, good ol' Trash 80s :D

.....If you have to ask, you are not a Dork Diver. Then again, the only difference between a Dork Diver and a Dork is that a Dork does not dive.
You are wrong grasshopper. Dorkdiverdom is not that selfevident. Not all who are Dork Divers are dorks, and dorkdiverdom is typically reflected in your subaquatic philosophies, not your surface personification. An orange shovel on the surface is just a shovel. And the question is usually motivated in acceptance (can I be a Dork Diver), rather than looking for qualification.

.....Or can you be a Dork and still dive, but not be a Dork Diver.
This is true.

.....My brain hurts just thinking of the possibilities. I could have been diving with other Dork Divers when I thought they were just Dorks. Oh, the shame of it.
Or they could have just been Dorks, and they may have been thinking the same thing. :D

How did you get the paint brush to paint through the monitor? :rofl3::rofl3:

That was the easy part,he just wiped of the Tipexx :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Nevermind, false alarm.

Back
Top Bottom