Am I CHEAP or efficient?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

has gotta be made from skunk piss! that stuff is just NASTY!

I have found that a few drops of downy fabric softener gets rid of the odor and hasn't done any damage to my wetsuits.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
in a solution of water and fabric softener...

I tried the Sink the Stink product, it was expensive and the smell was worse than the funk I was trying to get rid of...

Tekk Diver once bubbled...

Maybe I didn't take the right courses.. or something. But, when do you "breathe out of your BC"??

I've heard of breathing out of your BC in a bad Out of Air Situation.. but if that happened, I wouldn't be worrying how my breath smelled. :D
YOU WOULDN'T BREATH FROM YOUR BC BUT U COULD BREATH AIR INTO IT WITH THE POWER INFLATOR, WHICH COULD CAUSE BAD BREATH IN THE BC BUT WHO CARES ANYWAYS

Breathing from your B/C is a really bad idea because the bacteria in your B/C could cause pneumonia, and because the low fraction of oxygen in your exhaled breath could cause you to black out suddenly.

Then you could die. And your breath would be really bad then. :)

before entering the water, such as when making a drift drop onto a wreck in high current, the most effective method is to suck air out of the oral inflator hose.

I use commercial BC cleaner from Aquaseal that has Nonoxynol-9 to kill out the little critters. Strangely, if you google on nonoxynol-9, you will see that the most common usage of it is as a spermicide!

Charlie99 once bubbled...
Strangely, if you google on nonoxynol-9, you will see that the most common usage of it is as a spermicide!

I had to re-read that statement a few times. I thought you said if you GARGLE nonoxynol-9 its a common spermicide. But then again, I guess maybe that statement makes sense also.

Tekk Diver once bubbled...

Maybe I didn't take the right courses.. or something. But, when do you "breathe out of your BC"??

I've heard of breathing out of your BC in a bad Out of Air Situation.. but if that happened, I wouldn't be worrying how my breath smelled. :D

True, it maybe was a poor choice of words but it was intended as a joke, not a serious diving method. Still, it is a good way to keep nasties from growing inside your BC.

I'm just a newbie, but I use a slightly different method for the problem of my mask fogging up. It seems no matter what I tried- spit, toothpaste, defogger solution, etc. my mask would fog up in the first 5 minutes or so underwater.
What I do now is go ahead and let it fog up and once I'm comfortable underwater I take the mask completely off, let it fill with water, put the mask back on and clear it. For some reason this has always worked for me and once I do it, I have no fogging the rest of the dive.
Unconventional I guess but hey, it works for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom