Am I dillusional?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seajay,

You're getting it backwards. Build the business, make the big $$$, hire good employees, buy a big boat, then work a couple days a week and dive the rest of the time.

What you need is money and time, not a new job...

It has been working that way out here in Silicon Valley for years...

RJ

Omicron, I do that with a big map on my living room wall, at 21 I've already got about 60+ pins in there, its nice to show where you have been, then you can spend the time talking about where you want to go instead :p

Victoria, its interesting what you say about the networkers being the least geek like, I play paintball and scuba dive, rock climb and kayak, and by day i'm an infrastructure architect for a hedge fund, one of my good friends who just left to go back home to sydney was pretty much the same, so maybe its true :)

SeeJay, I looked into the commercial diving stuff at somepoint, it's very expensive over here, the pay is good, but not without the experiance (same goes for IT really) I agree with the replies about finding a niche, your not going to enjoy slogging along every day doing the same thing everyone else is doing and not getting much out of it, find something unique, enjoy it, and make a buck or two doing it, good luck :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom