Am I obsessed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibnygator:
I'll be walking through a mall or a hospital or even just down the street and I find myself picturing everything underwater and thinking what a cool dive site it would be if everything was submerged. My kids say I'm obsessed with diving. Anybody else have these delusions?

i don't think they are delusions... more like repression. repressed desires....

though i think what if the mountain ranges gets flooded and this would how it would be scuba diving it...

you need to do more diving, say instead of the mall on weekends..... go diving :D

metaldector:
I too look at ships floating and think, what a great dive that would make if it only would sink! Think what one of these new cruise ships with 15 stories of decks would be like at 150 feet down? Now that would be a dive! :eyebrow:

Come and dive the Mikhail Lermentov and you'll have some idea of what it would be like.....

:smash: Okay everyone: on the charges laid out before you:
  • picturing a submerged building
  • wishing vessels to sink
  • non-divers look at you like you're nuts
  • adapting completely unrelated tools to diving
  • comparing buildings to your deepest depth
  • imagining yourself in poor vis
  • checking Scubaboard first thing when you wake up and last thing before bed

how do you plead? eyebrow

I for one am guilty!

It's perfectly normal to visualise how things look underwater, it's when you start taking action to plan how to turn them into a dive-site that you may need to start considering therapy.
I Can see the headlines now. "Extremist Scuba Divers resort to terrorism to create new dive sites".
"Scuba Liberation Front, claims that forcing large boats to float is cruel and inhumane."
"Scuba enthusiast admits, I flooded New Orleans"
I do visualise my place of work under several metres of water, but then that's not necessarily because I would like to dive it. I can imagine a small towerblock would be an interesting dive site though. Picture diving down a liftshaft, or a stairwell.

That's hilarious.

"Locals Divers Caught In The Act!... "A Group of six local divers, calling themselves the "Frogmen", were caught attempting to blow up the Hoover Damn around 3am this morning. Local officials say they were trying to flood all the developments below, thereby creating some "badass" divesites...."

So what I'm saying is, who wants to blow up the Hoover Damn with me?

Someone mentioned their bank accounts and how much emptier it is compared to the "casual" diver that only goes once or twice a year. While that may be true, I also look at my account and think how much money I would have without this hobby, but that's not the only thing I think about when looking at my account. I also look to see where I can go diving with the funds I have available. I see how much I have and how much I "need" to go somewhere. The day I get back from a trip, I start planning the next one.

I have a hard time saving for big trips because when I get $1000 that I can spend, I can't save anymore for the big one cause I can go right now to Mexico, Fla, Flower Gardens, California, and so on.

This kinda goes along with the "Addicted to Scuba Diving" thread. Yes, I admit I am an addict. No, I do not want help. Just leave me alone and let me dive dang it!

Just so you all know I work for our state prison. I have already figured out how and what it would take to fill up the Tower I work in to turn it into a dive site. I have talked to maintance to see what electronics I would have to remove. Now if the warden would just sign off on it, I could make the coolest dive site ever!!!!! Oh and just so you know they would not sign off on me filling the housing units either, tried that too. I think when I was seeing if all the fire hoses would reach the door ports they thought it was a good time to move me to enforcement rather than housing!

I think you would have to define "obsessed". By most true divers standards, I believe you're pretty normal

Back
Top Bottom