AMF VOIT Swimaster Titan II MR12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ew1usnr,

It certainly looks like your effort with the sharpie have made a difference. I usually just use a little semi-gloss black enamel to touch up scratches.

If you should need some photocopies of MR-12 related info, let me know.

Best Wishes,

Greg

Diver0001,

I can scan a copy of the article for you sometime next week if you would like to see a copy. I would need to get back to work to do so.

Greg Barlow

ew1usnr, yeah greg put it in words as the original 1st stage housing was thinner and more angular and the "second" edition was smoother and heavier. I'm no Ansel Adams but the attached should give ya a idea of what we've said. I'll do better tomorrow with more time and Greg I'd like to continue our discussion as some of the nuances of our brass beauties escape these cranky eyes.

ew1usnr,
I also used the mighty Sharpie marker to fix mine up. Might I suggest using the extra fine point to get around those small edges.

Greg.
Thanks for all the info. You say don't dive with the reg? If it was good ebough for you guys in the 70's, why can I not use it now, pending it is in good condition (I am not trying to be a S.A.) I have an 80's model Sherwood reg I use... Which world you rather dive with? Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving

the image though a little tough to see but the body on the right is the original and what the titan 11 MR12 would have. The contours of the housing are harder and the housing is thinner and as Greg said the later edition had the HP and Lp ports stamped. Again I do more gooder tomorrow

Diver 1985,

I understand your excitement about using it. Have you ever thought about putting it on a pony bottle and giving it a shot at different depths to compare it to your primary reg?

I also wouldn't advise using it with pressures over 2,500 psi with the original style HP poppets. The seats were not desgined with high pressures in mind.

BTW, you can pick up a brand new MR-12 Axis reg for less than $150.00 and have a very nice reg for little cash.

Be careful, and dive safely.

Greg

Greg,
Can you tell me an easy way to check my regulator. ex. What to look for? I am pretty new at this and I am not sure. If your answer is "Take it to a dive shop", I already did... But I did not leave it with them. I only paid $5 for the reg and $50.00 to look at it did not sound good to me. Do I just need to get off my wallet?
Also!
How much would a pony bottle cost me?

Yikes! I would check it for you if you were close by, but I wouldn't dive with it. It sure is worth a heck of a lot more than $5.00 just for the sake of knowing that you have a rare model!

A pony bottle will set you back around $100-125. You will need a way to mount it to your harness or primary tank.

I would buy a new reg and get the peace of mind that comes with it. Like I said the Mares Axis regs are fine for recreational use, and are very robust.

Greg

A pony bottle will set you back around $100-125
I saw a dive shop near the Sacramento area selling pony bottles for $80 on ebay, I probably should've cleaned them out of their 13s & 40s.
I still like the old rusty 20cf O2 bottles that need a $12 hydro & a coat of paint, topped off with a $15 K-valve.
Better than a new aluminum bottle in my eyes.:wink:

Bob,

It was great to hear from you. I am still lovin' the Viking. It is working great, as are the undergarments. In fact, I've been toying with the idea of getting another size 04 standard cut as a back-up. I could probably fetch a few bucks for a used N. Divers Eurosuit that is about ready for a new neck seal.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom