Andrea Doria on TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not sure if this is the same one iv seen, but i watched a movie about it and it was all about diving on it, commercial / sat diving and they also did some scuba dives to it. if its the same one its a GREAT show

Brand0n:
Im not sure if this is the same one iv seen, but i watched a movie about it and it was all about diving on it, commercial / sat diving and they also did some scuba dives to it. if its the same one its a GREAT show

The preview on my television sounds like it is focusing more on a recall of the sinking. Who knows...I would love to see some current footage.

Not on right now in St.Louis,8:00 eastern is 7:00 here ,not cable anyway.To bad I'd like to see the show.

I just read this and got the credits only when I switched channels from the Comedy channel. Somebody give us an overview.

Just watched it, thanks for the heads's up. Im no expert, but I have always thought that the Stockholm was at fault. Some really great footage of a beautiful ship.

I'm on PST, here in Oregon. I think it airs here at 8:00, as well. Check your listings.

I guess I was expecting (hoping for) more about diving the Doria. At 50 minutes into the 1 hour program they showed about 90 seconds of dive footage. I was hoping for more. Still intersting though. It was good to see they dedicated the show to David Bright.

dbg40:
Just watched it, thanks for the heads's up. Im no expert, but I have always thought that the Stockholm was at fault. Some really great footage of a beautiful ship.

John Chatterton said in his Deep Sea Detectives episode about it that there was enough blame to spread all around. However, having said that, I agree that the Stockholm was largely at fault. The fact that the captain did not know how to use a radar properly was a dead giveaway. Also, did you notice that the Stockholm people are the only ones claiming there was no fog that night? Even the Nantucket Lighthouse confirmed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom