Andrea Doria on TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didnt get a chance to watch the show, but I have seen the DSD episode.
For those interested, there is another book, Fatal Depth, by Joe Haberstroh , that has some info. It seems to have been written for non-divers( in the same fashion as Shadow Divers), but I still found it to be good reading.

joe rock:
Most of you are probably aware of this, but the book "Deep Descent" is about the Andrea Doria and the many divers that died diving the wreck. Many of the people discussed in the book are icons of east coast wreck diving.

Good, easy read.

JR

I guess I'm a little off topic but "The Last Dive" (Chowdry) is also a good true-story scuba read. Not related to the Doria though.

Matt P:
I guess I'm a little off topic but "The Last Dive" (Chowdry) is also a good true-story scuba read. Not related to the Doria though.
It's got quite a bit of Doria diving in it.

BarryNL:

Deep Decent, Shadow Divers, Last Dive - all the same cast of east coast diving characters for the most part.

BarryNL:

Oh, you're right. Just read all 3 of those books and they do start to blend together.

Watched it and found it interesting but it was not about diving. If you want a great read on Andrea Doria diving, read Deep Descent.

As Chatteron said, there is enough blame to go around. No one single thing led to the crash but a number of incidents led to it. There was fog, so second mate on Stockholm is mistaken or telling a lie. The Doria did not slow down enough as she should have. Which ship made the fatal course correction? both?

Back
Top Bottom