Anilao 4th-6th April, help needed, O lovely PPD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@caloy: jungle route, is this the same route we take with the small traffic light & white house? the one with the basketball court at the end?

Thanks Jonix, but can you give a few more details? Are you taking the South Super and then the Star Expressway around Lipa and turning off just before Batangas City? Other than the Cuenca road, the only other road I have used before is the one that goes to the BC ferry port. From that road I would turn onto the road that runs to Bauan (last month I noticed there is a new fly over at this intersection). If this is not the route, please explain in a little more detail. Thanks!

bauan route via tagaytay - lemery? careful as there are cuts on the road due to erosion. there are 2 along that route.
I don't like this route at night anyway, the road down from Tagaytay is too curvy and not enough guard rails for my liking. I had to back track and take that route last year when there was a wreck at Sto Tomas that had traffic completely stopped.

Drew

I want A/C (naturally :D) and if anyone is prepared to wait (Drew, when will you get in?) I'm happy to trek down to Anilao in the early hours and have a nap before a dive at, say 10AM.

Oh Mr Bird, I've some bit of good news for you.....

inaugurated last Good Firday (the bashsterds just can't wait!)
2352445234_aa68ae80cf_o.jpg

Sorry, not for me. Always hated Jagermeister.

Rum on the other hand...:D

we usually go there at night as caloy posted.

@caloy: jungle route, is this the same route we take with the small traffic light & white house? the one with the basketball court at the end?

bauan route via tagaytay - lemery? careful as there are cuts on the road due to erosion. there are 2 along that route.

If the car is available, better use the batangas city route and thru bauan. Though jungle route is shorter, cuts travel time by 30 minutes. Hard to give directions, no markers.

Thanks Caloy, didn't see this before I wrote reply to Jonix, we'll do Bat City if we are driving.

Cheers,
Drew

Sorry, not for me. Always hated Jagermeister.

Rum on the other hand...:D

Is it just me, or does Jager taste like a traditional chinese medicine potion but with more of a kick?

I'll stick to my patron saint, St. Michael.:eyebrow:

Is it just me, or does Jager taste like a traditional chinese medicine potion but with more of a kick?

I cannot understand drinking the stuff for fun :shakehead:

sorry, let me clarify a bit...

"ps - if you guys come in late thursday you'll only be charged the following:
P350/pax plus aircon P450/room; friday morning breakfast (ala carte) is free".

I'll be there late friday night with wifey (straight from work) and dive with you guys Saturday.

I'm good without A/C, not that I'm kuriput (well depends on who you ask) but if there's a breeze and a fan my sinus like me better than if there's aircon.

Looking forward to meeting you and wifey Caloy, and any other PPD's that show up.

Drew

Thanks Jonix, but can you give a few more details? Are you taking the South Super and then the Star Expressway around Lipa and turning off just before Batangas City? Other than the Cuenca road, the only other road I have used before is the one that goes to the BC ferry port. From that road I would turn onto the road that runs to Bauan (last month I noticed there is a new fly over at this intersection). If this is not the route, please explain in a little more detail. Thanks!

I don't like this route at night anyway, the road down from Tagaytay is too curvy and not enough guard rails for my liking. I had to back track and take that route last year when there was a wreck at Sto Tomas that had traffic completely stopped.

Drew

agree on the tagaytay route.

on the jungle route, as caloy said there are not that many landmarks to base on except. here's what i recall (please correct me caloy if i miss anything):

1. south luzon - yes
2. star toll - yes
3. lipa - yes
4. from lipa, drive past the road to leading cuenca/alitagtag.
5. when you see the white pedestrian overpass - go slow
6. there will be a white-painted house to your right at the corner of the intersection. intersection has a small traffic light (yellow caution light only i think). turn right here.
7. go straight until you hit a diagonal road intersecting/merging with this road on your right (you'll see a basketball court separating this road from the other). travel from end to end should be around 30-45 mins (est). at this point you're back on the road which originated in lipa/cuenca.
8. not too far from there would be the funeral parlor where you usually turn right to bauan and left to the road leading to anilao.

i guess you know the rest :)

Drew,

Happy to drive down / arrange a lift with you, if you're prepared to wait until after midnight. If so, sweet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom