Anilao AND PG???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! You guys are so generous! I feel so lucky to have all of this info. Before I booked tickets, I researched constantly here and with google, but getting first hand answers is really incredibly helpful.

I feel like I have a much stronger grasp of the transfers and diving, and how to split, etc. Which of course means, we are getting even MORE excited!

It seems like Anilao availability will be our rate limiting step, but once we have that figured out ...

I will start figuring out PG, where at least availability is not really a concern at this point. There it seems like the first decision is whether or not to go with a big dive shop (El Galleon/Asia, Atlantis) or a small one (Blue Ribbon, Action Divers, Sabang Inn/Dream Divers, South Sea Divers). Safety is of course first, ability to get 4 dives per day next, and ability to get to Verde and Canyons also being important. More researching to be done based on all the wonderful suggestions!

Thank you for the suggestions, your help is just amazing and I cannot thank you all enough!

Another vote for Sky at South Sea Divers.

Haven't used South Sea Divers yet but can give another vote for Simon and Hugh at Action Divers (Roscoe too -- but haven't actually been diving with him). Action Divers is at La Laguna Beach, a 5-10 minute walk from Sabang town, so it's quiet and mellow at night but not too far away from lots of places to eat &/or drink.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

All the fans of South Sea and Action Divers:

Is it easy to get 3-4 dives/day? Are trips to Verde and Canyons easily available during a 6 night stay period?

Thanks so much!

There is a knickknacks corner shop at PG with couple of freezers for water and other liquids, just off the Sabang pier. Cheaper than resorts.

Verde trips depend on how many are going. With 8 people a boat it begins to start looking affordable. If its just two or four then the boat ride becomes more expensive than the dives.

I believe Roscoe is a KIWI!!!!

Isn't NZ another Australian State? :)

Diverjen: Suggest you contact the dive operator for number and location of dive site possibilities. Weather of course will play a big part.

Show him a Corriedale sheep and a Booroola Merino and see what one he chooses :rofl3:
One thing I do know is that he ONLY puts money on The All Black beating The Wallabies every time home and away! He could be a very sensible Aussie!! I doubt it.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 08:43 AM ----------

Isn't NZ another Australian State? :)
The 7th State!!

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 09:00 AM ----------

Is it easy to get 3-4 dives/day? Are trips to Verde and Canyons easily available during a 6 night stay period?
1. You can easily do 4-5 dives/day. Most of the dive sites are within 5-10 mins boat ride and you come back to the dive shop/resort after every dive. Most operators are very flexible with the dive time/surface interval. And some bigger player can even provide bigger tank(13-15L) at no extra cost. Please enquire about availability. A-clamp(Yoke) is standard but DIN is also available.
2. Canyons is one of the most popular dive sites in PG. You can go there everyday as long as the dm is happy with your skill and condition(tide).
3. Verde Island. If the sea is rough then you have no chance. Otherwise you can practically go there everyday as long as you don't mind to pay the extra(US$100.00 share among the divers).

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 09:00 AM ----------

Last edited:
Agree with going with a larger player. They have more than one boat and can assign you to one that you feel comfortable with. Three to four dives and nitrox availability are no problem with the big boys. I was diving with Asia Divers/El Galleon last year and I thought they were very professional and did a very good job. I think there are a couple of other larger operations that would work well too.

You'll be very happy with your decision to head to the Philippines. With your experience level, it looks like you're prime for some new experiences. The muck at Giant Clams, and sites like Canyons and Verde Island will open up a whole new world.

I'm planning a trip to include both Anilao and Sabang so I've been very interested in this thread.

Have fun.

Thank you guys again for your responses. I'll let you know when we get booked and of course I am sure to annoy you all at some point before the trip.

Also thank you for the encouragement and responses. We are so excited, we can't stand it! :D

All the fans of South Sea and Action Divers:

Thanks so much!

With Action Divers no problem doing 3 dives a day; even if there's only 1 customer they'll take that person out for an afternoon dive.

Night dives, on the other hand, mean that one of the DMs has to forfeit getting off work amd having family/social/leisure time that evening, so for that theu require a minimum number of customers to make it worth their while. I guess on average they do that a couple times a week, but that's mere conjecture on my part.

Verde is far so it requires spending fuel and time, so again depends on whether there's enough customer demand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom