Anilao......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quik

Reaction score
Anilao
...sounds so great and so easily accessible.

Decide to go in november ( not Australia anymore- too expensive)

Any good dive operator / resort to suggest?

It seems there are too many!!

:wink:

My favorite resort is Aquaventure Reef Club.

It is one of the older and better known places to dive in Anilao, very reputable, safety conscious and the food is great!!!!

Lots of the other resorts are nice also, I haven't been to them all but have good things to say about Balai and Arthurs. The only one I would give a miss is Eagle Point. It is the most expensive and probably the most posh looking but the service is crap - my wife and I only stayed about 15 minutes before checking straight out and heading over to Aquaventure

. . . oh yeah, did i mention how great the food is??? :)

They have a website, do a google search on Aquaventure Reef Club and I'm sure it will come up

I'm sure you'll like the diving there - Good Luck!

hey scooby and quik...
i'm a frequent diver of anilao...

balai is a nice resort...
and the food is among the best in anilao...
however, the road going there is not that good...
lately, i go to dive solana...
it is among a few resorts in anilao which has a beach front...
the food is also good, though, not as great as balai, but the service is more than ok...

if you need help in reservations, etc., just PM me...

Balai

I have been there about 7 - 8 times and haven't had a bad dive or any complaints. I heard they have the best food around. The crowd is also very nice. Can't say enough good things about the place.

Off Topic a little.

There is an ordinance that the municipality is trying to implement. They want to charge a divers fee.

It's not the fee that irks me it's the provisions that they can confiscate your gear and sell it off if you don't pay a fine in 24 hrs.... I'm sure they take checks right? An who knows how you can verify someones identity... "Hi I'm the scuba police... hand over your BC and reg..."
Let's face it the gov't over there isn't known for it's transparrency and truthfullness.

Ben_ca once bubbled...

There is an ordinance that the municipality is trying to implement. They want to charge a divers fee.

It's not the fee that irks me it's the provisions that they can confiscate your gear and sell it off if you don't pay a fine in 24 hrs.... I'm sure they take checks right? An who knows how you can verify someones identity... "Hi I'm the scuba police... hand over your BC and reg..."
Let's face it the gov't over there isn't known for it's transparrency and truthfullness.

i have posted a new thread regarding this...
you may want to check it out under additional fees for anilao or something to that effect...
i have also attached a Q&A about it...

and about Balai, you're very right about that resort...
"balai" in a local dialect here in the Philippines means "home"...
and they're living up to their name...
and the people there are also somewhat forced to socialize with others... =-)

I spent two months in Anilao over the winter 2001-2 doing research on the reefs in the area. We stayed at Dakaida Bay, which is a defunct resort (of a sort), and dived all over the bays. What great memories this brings back! I loved the place! Some of the dives were completely boring, surveying sand in many areas, but some were amazing. We surveyed all around Sombrero, which is no small feat as the currents there just rip!! I'd love to get back there and just dive for fun! I'd also vote for Aquaventures, they've got a nice setup and everyone there seems professional and helpful. Lots and lots of divers handling fish (Cathedral in particular), picking things up, and standing on corals though. Do what you can to educate them while you're there.
Have a ball,
Beck

hi quik!

you're right, there are lots of good choices in anilao. here are some of the more popular resorts:

1. balai - good food, homey, close to dive sites, intimate considering the resort is not that big compared to the other resorts. rough road going there though

2. solana - good food, nice & wide beach front (in fact, it's one of the very few resorts in anilao that has a sandbar in front), spaceous (even if the resort is fully booked, it doesn't feel like it), relaxing atmosphere - they have hammocks and benches around.

3. aquaventure - great food, accesible, great service, but can be overcrowded specially on weekends.

4. outrigger - food is ok, relatively new (less than a year of operations), complete dive equipment, good service, realtively paved road going to the resort

5. planet dive - good food, competent dm's, friendly staff, nice cottages with a view, close to dive sites (5 - 15 minute boat ride), even has a house reef. also some rough road (about 6 kilometer stretch)

6. eagle point - never been there but i heard it's way expensive compared to the above choices.

i can help you book. just PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom