Anilo and Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's Anilao like for single divers (as in the diving/accomodation, not nightlife!) ? Am thinking about heading back to PG (instead of Lembeh) in May....:D
environment-wise, Anilao is great for the single diver. Diving-wise, you have to try get a per dive rate since a bangka rental for just one person is hella expensive. But the diving is awesome.

@ Almcherry: I'd do none of those. I'd first get the accommodations settled first. Then once I'm in PG, I'd walk around and pick from the many dive shops to dive from. If you're looking for a backpackers choice dive shop, I highly recommend SeaRiders on SLL.

Might as well answer all the questions...

Hello to everyone who can offer advice and opinions on diving Anilo and Puerto Galera. I have purchased a plane ticket to Manila for the 12th of March and will be leaving March 20th.

My questions are:
Do you think I should spend more time in one city verses the other?
As stated, I'd probably just choose one place for the entire trip.

What are some reccommended diving facilities in both cities?
There's lots on PG. You can walk and pick and choose to what you want. I mentioned one already, a search in this forum on Puerto Galera will yield many posts with recommended dive shops.

Is it usually better to book a room with a resort and dive with them, or should it be alright to stay with a non diving resort and find a company to dive with?
really up to you. The rates are about the same. Dive shops will lower the dive rate according to how many dives you do with them.

Is it better to book a room there or should I pre-book?
book ahead.

Should I worry too much about transfering from Anilo to Puerto Galera?
Ask the resort if they can arrange it.

Which is better route; Anilo -> Puerto Galera or Puerto Galera -> Anilo?
It's the same. But I'd do Manila > PG > Anilao > Manila. Since Manila > PG is the easiest leg.

Would you recommend getting an AOW there?
Yep.

I appriciate any and all the imput that I can get! I'm stoked to be heading into the Philippines seeing as I've heard nothing but good things about diving there. Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom