ankle/wrist zippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mortlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new 3mm full wetsuit with ankle and wrist zippers.

What are some good brands which include these zippers?

I'm looking at the triple L webiste right now and all their wetsuits seems to have these zippers but from the pictures it looks like the neck, wrist and ankles are loose. Does anyone have any experience with LLL's wetsuits?

Thank you,

Morty

Just Curious, why do you specifically want wrist and ankle zippers?

I have a Henderson Gold Core 3mm and it's easy on easy off with no zippers.

CALI68:
Just Curious, why do you specifically want wrist and ankle zippers?

I have a Henderson Gold Core 3mm and it's easy on easy off with no zippers.

I agree. My 7mm has ankle zippers, but I wouldn't want them on a 3mm, nor do I remember seeing them on any 3mm.

I had zipper on my 7mm suit and hated them, they hurt when scraping over the ankles when doffing the suit. My suit now doesn't have any ankle zipper at all. And none of my suits in the future will ankle or wrist zippers.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I like zippers. I've used both kinds of 3mm suit and it's just so much easier to take the suit on and off with the zippers. I know it isn't that difficult without ankle/wrist zippers but I hate that awkward feeling of being tied up that I get.

Mortlock:
Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I like zippers. I've used both kinds of 3mm suit and it's just so much easier to take the suit on and off with the zippers. I know it isn't that difficult without ankle/wrist zippers but I hate that awkward feeling of being tied up that I get.

Cool! Whatever works. :)

My 3mm Excel has ankle zippers...I have never had a problem with discomfort.

Mortlock:
Whatever works for you :wink:
Do you have Camaro wetsuits in Japan? They are made of Yamamoto neoprene and very well made. Stylish too :D
They are an Austrian company.
http://www.camaro.at

Mortlock:
I'm looking to buy a new 3mm full wetsuit with ankle and wrist zippers.

What are some good brands which include these zippers?

I'm looking at the triple L webiste right now and all their wetsuits seems to have these zippers but from the pictures it looks like the neck, wrist and ankles are loose. Does anyone have any experience with LLL's wetsuits?

Thank you,

Morty
Just got my 3mm, no hood, ankle/wrist zipper Triple-L last night! I will not be able to dive it till August, but it fits well out of the water and I will probably cheat and waterski in it this weekend (I seem to spend more time in the water than gliding above it :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom