Annual Reg Servicing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know what the avg cost of parts is for the annual regulator servicing. I have an Oceanic NEO with the FDX-10 first stage and the octo is a NEO also. I'm just trying to see how much the LDS is making off of it. The dive shop's rates for the reg is 40.00+parts and octo is 15.00+parts.

Scubatoys.com is running a special right now!

I have no idea about the parts you are asking about. But in general you do not want to know how much they make off of you. :D

The markup on most scuba equipment is terrible. If you get in good with a local shop you can usually work some better deals. Call a few local shops and see what the others charge and compare.

Also if your stuff is new parts might be included on the fist couple of services.

Does anyone know what the avg cost of parts is for the annual regulator servicing. I have an Oceanic NEO with the FDX-10 first stage and the octo is a NEO also. I'm just trying to see how much the LDS is making off of it. The dive shop's rates for the reg is 40.00+parts and octo is 15.00+parts.

Sounds about average for retail cost of part kits. The price on parts varies between brands and models, but about $10 to $15 for a 2nd stage kit and $20 to $40 for a 1st stage kit is ballpark (retail) for many regs. So a total of $40 to $70 for 2 2nd stage and 1 1st stage kit used during an annual service is about "normal" I guess.

The parts kits are overpriced for the "parts" they actually contain (mostly o-rings). But if you go the annual service route, that is what you need to accept as a "cost of diving"....

Which is why I service my own now :D But that is a different topic :wink:

Best wishes.

I buy a new set of regs every year from LeisurePro and sell my used ones on Ebay. Considering that you have a new set each time I find it cheaper than having them surviced. You can usually find a first and second stage set at LeisurePro for around $150. Might be last year's brand and nothing fancy but who cares? They are plenty good anough for recreational diving.

My LDS charges $25.00 per stage and they have a lifetime guarantee on parts for gear purchased from them.

Sounds very inexpensive..$40. is the labor,plus what ever the parts can cost,figure on 2 rebuild kits for 1st and 2nd stage at a cost of around $30.-$50. for the 2 and a rebuild kit for the alt air source @ $10.-$15.
We charge $59. labor here in NY..
You have to figure on it takes the tech 45-60 minutes to do the work. That time has to be paid for ..ask a plumber or car mechanic what the facility they work for gets paid on 1 hour of work..To get that regulator serviced properly here in NY would cost about $130.

Sounds very inexpensive..$40. is the labor,plus what ever the parts can cost,figure on 2 rebuild kits for 1st and 2nd stage at a cost of around $30.-$50. for the 2 and a rebuild kit for the alt air source @ $10.-$15.
We charge $59. labor here in NY..
You have to figure on it takes the tech 45-60 minutes to do the work. That time has to be paid for ..ask a plumber or car mechanic what the facility they work for gets paid on 1 hour of work..To get that regulator serviced properly here in NY would cost about $130.

Wow. Can somebody really become a plumber or a mechanic with just one day of training?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom