Annual service charges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinnydav,

You probably will not even want to set foot again in that shop, but I think you should discuss it with the owner/manager. If you do not get any satisfaction, call the manufacture's rep and tell them. It may not do any good, but it won't hurt to try. I am guessing at the parts as you have described, but just a quick look it seems you were overcharged by quite a lot.
20 orings even at $1 each = $20
Diaphragm even at $20 = 20
Washer, prob 2nd stage cover friction washer, I don't know why it would need replacing but how much could that cost?
"Thimble" prob sintered filter $5 or $6
This looks like an extreme over charge and that is being nice. If/when you go back and talk with the owner, mention the BBB, Scuba Board forums, etc to get his attention for this "oversight."

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

couv

Call AL if you would like but be prepared for some more abuse if you bought that reg from an unauthorized dealer. While AL may not be stopping the flow of grey market regs, they sure do talk trash about it. There are no limits on repair parts costs and inflating those prices is another way of punishing divers who save $$ by going outside the mfgr supported supply channels. AL and your LDS can look up the serial number and know where that reg came from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom