Annual service charges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got an old US Divers Conshelf setup worked over last year when I bought it used....labor and parts for a first and second stage, where they replaced basically everything since it hadn't been serviced in years, ran me $95. $170 for parts and labor seems excessive....for that price, you can get a cheap reg setup EVERY year, or for sure a good used one. Especially if you reuse the SPG. And I'm sure you can sell your old setup to someone for $50....yep, that would work quite nicely, really.

you're better off taking a regulator service course, learning how to do it properly and doing it yourself

or, yeah, just buying new regs

your lds ripped you off badly

I only dive now a few month per year but always take good care of my equipment after using them specially regulators and I sure don't own the most expensive regulator on the market but I don't belive in the so call "regulator service" every year for me if there is nothing wrong with it.

It's a ripoff what they charge for part IF they change them at all. I have marked parts in regulators goint into service just prove my point and those same marked parts that I have paid to be replce have been there after a "regular service" and never been change.

As one of posters said before, some times is better just to buy a new every there years but it all depends on how much it cost.

On the other hand mail service is just as expencive so buying new every there/four years may be the way of the future for some including me.

I serviced an Aqulung Conshelf once where $100 in parts was justified given salt water intrusion, corrosion of intenal parts, etc, but for just normal annual service parts $30-$40 would be the norm.

the work was not warrenty work. The items replaced were 21 o rings, diaphram, large plastic washer, something that looks like a metal thimbel and 2 zip ties. No hoses were replaced. They said it was a normal rebuild.

the work was not warrenty work. The items replaced were 21 o rings, diaphram, large plastic washer, something that looks like a metal thimbel and 2 zip ties. No hoses were replaced. They said it was a normal rebuild.

It looks like they stuck it to you on parts. Where did you purchase the regulator? Learn a lesson. Always establish estimated cost up front.

Man I do regs all day long for $40.00 plus parts. And I think maybe there was 5 in about 2 years that was that much. If there was no hose's replaced. That alot.

PS just because you go the the reg class dose not mean that you can get parts and the tools some time its better to find a good reg tech. Just my 2 cents

Next time I get the regulator serviced I will ask for an estimate up front.
Thanks for the replies, best wishes to all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom