another shark attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
just heard it on the news. Another skin diver, trailing dead fish, was bitten by a Tiger shark on the North Shore.

Here is the article from the advertiser and here the one from the news, here is a video clip

Good reason not to spearfish!

Yikes!! :11:

Sounds like it's not too bad - he was able to fight it off & only had minor injuries to his arm. Lucky dude - he'll have a good story for his grandchildren. We were on the north shore last Feb - scored GREAT surf at Lani's & Kammi's.

I went to Wahiawa intermediate when I lived there (about 100 yrs ago) and Punahou. Bluewater Gold Rush, a book about California sea urchin diving, will be profiled in the summer Punahou news letter. Plenty of diving, surfing, and shark encounters in central & northern california. Learn more at bluewatergoldrush.com

Tommy

leesa there was on one on the west side yesterday, right?

yeah...the best reason.

On the news they said the guy hit the shark on the nose/head, it let go and swam away.

Sorry to hear that. This is one reason why I prefer not to dive in areas where spearfishing is going on. I have nothing against it, but with my eye glued to the camera viewfinder I have little awareness of what is going on at times.

Exactly drbill...most of the attacks over here are becase of someone dragging dead fish. Isn't there something esle they can be put in so the sharks won't pick up the scent? Or is it more the distress signal that brings them in?

Back
Top Bottom