Anti-Diver Sentiment on Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction:
You make a fair point. I guess I got a little carried away -- then, again, how often do you get to incorporate lavender-scented lotion in a comment on here? The excitement just went to my head...
No worries.

As for the stickers, I gave it some more thought, and "Trap Watch" might be too subtle. I'm now thinking of a red bumper sticker that says:

SUPPORT LOCAL LOBSTERMEN
Report poachers to the Massachusetts Environmental Police
(781) 740-1163

If nothing else, it might help keep a few tires from being slashed.

I am okay with the stickers and like the idea. however proceeds should go to Massachusetts and Federal Conservation groups NOT lobstermen (or divers for that matter). I think conservation and fair land/sea usage is where it's at, not bribery and handouts.

I wonder if Cape Ann Divers would sponsor the stickers? A buck for a sticker is better than 100 bucks for a new tire!! :0)

Interesting piece, there's often more than one side to a story and you do a good job of expressing it.

One concept was, I think, missed:

How does a diver, on the bottom, stay at least 25 feet away from lobster buoys (on the top) in water that often has visabilty way less than 25 ft? Again, its a perspective problem.

Actually if the law was made as a result of anti-poaching then the law should state only lobster divers are to stay 25 ft from the trap. Other divers must veer away from a trap if the come to one and not linger about trap for more than 2 to 5 minutes.

I myself dont care too much for lobster as it usually the butter that people like most. Does anyone here eat lobster without butter. Who puts lobster on thier butter?

lol, I actually DO NOT like butter on lobster and eat it without any. I also steam rather than boil it, preferable steam in sea water. should we move this to the food & recipe section? LOL

ScubaSarus:
Does anyone here eat lobster without butter. Who puts lobster on thier butter?

Definitely. I never contaminate my lobster with butter.

Snip

"Definitely. I never contaminate my lobster with butter."

You guys are definitely hard core lobster lovers. Good to hear from ya Chris.

How often if the vis good enough to see a trap greater than 25' away and make sure you don't swim near it???

Every trap should have a noise beacon on it and emit a noise that can be heard exactly 25 ft away and no more and no less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom