Anti Fog recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always use toothpaste a couple of times on a new mask, then either baby shampoo or dish washing liquid. I make sure I use it and clean the mask inside first time I use it for the dive period, then usually daily with a rinse. Never touch the glass once rinsed. Sometimes I find people exhale through their nose into the mask and this can cause it to fog. If you ask them they will say no but if you watch them you see the bubbles come out the mask.

Here is my very unorthodox method for keeping my mask clear. It is a 2 part plan and if i am lucky, part 2 will not be needed.

PART 1:
First off I prefer to use Johnsons baby shamoo, but will resort to spit (only my own) if needed. Insert appropriate solution into my mask and rub it furiously with my finger. When my finger get either tired or sore, I stop. I do a quick rinse with water, fresh or salt, and rub very slightly again to make sure there are no soap bubbles created. Soap in my eyes really sucks. When I am satisfied it is time to go diving.

PART2:
Like I said earlier, this is not always necessary, but it sure seems to work wonders for me. During the dive, if my mask fogs, I will remove my mask and rub the lens again with my finger. This will fix the problem about 75% of the time and the rest of the dive is a pleasure. If this happens to be one of those dives that falls into the 25% failure rate then the permanent solution will definitely get some strange looks from your buddies. Take your mask off, remove your regulator from your mouth, and lick the inside of the lens.

Don't laugh or knock it until you give it a try !!!!!!! It works !!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom