Antique's unspoiled sites Part 2 "Rachels photos"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

screens to avoid mosquito insect borne diseases (resort can get sued and bad publicity)
hot water to make stay even more fun :D

how far is the seaweed farm from your resort? i need to check them out, so i was thinking of using your resot as jump off point.

please email me gain how to get to your resort from manila, details please (directions, costs, time) :)

just checked out the seaweed farms in Guimaras, iloilo last sunday.
hey, I thought you were in gold dealings? seaweeds nowadays? tsk tsk hirap na ba buhay?

they are all part of a trading group : COMMODITIES :D

meron pa nag isa eh : sugpo and vannamei production hehehehe

besides am waiting for gold to drop below $800 before we buy again :eyebrow:

side note : saw the tissue culture of seaweeds in iloilo. with capital infusion, our seaweeds industry can rival that of the coffee industry, worldwide. the problem is .... tawi-tawi mostly would be the production area ...

there use to be a seaweed farm in Tubbataha, Sheafdec ata.

Hope gold remain high so dollar would be low..:wink: but how would you eat? ah yes, there's seaweed. Adobo seaweed?

wasnt cebu once the seaweed export capital of the world? seems to have buckled under once other countries in the region also started producing carrageenan.

not adobo seaweed . seaweed refined into carrageenan and agar , a multi million $ industry .... used in foods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and biotech etc....

me thinks seaweed topic posts should be moved to its own thread so as to allow atique to be the highlight of this thread :D

caloy kasi eh..... hijacker

Last edited:
hijack alert*****hijack alert*****hijack alert

According to sea weed...this picture shows a very small part of them and it is around 3km from our AC, Hot/Cold water and white sand beach Resort away.
by walking distance along the coast it takes maybe 25 minutes only.

Just 45 minutes from the airport Catiklan or an hour from Kalibo.

But Maninguin is the island in Antique for sea weed production, where they trade several tons of it, yearly...
even a hot spot for all scuba divers (hammerhead sharks e.g.)
and fantastic corals...

According to sea weed...this picture shows a very small part of them and it is around 3km from our AC, Hot/Cold water and white sand beach Resort away.
by walking distance along the coast it takes maybe 25 minutes only.

Just 45 minutes from the airport Catiklan or an hour from Kalibo.

But Maninguin is the island in Antique for sea weed production, where they trade several tons of it, yearly...
even a hot spot for all scuba divers (hammerhead sharks e.g.)
and fantastic corals...

Lots of travellers would think it neat to see that. Just like when in General Santos, you have to check out the tuna fish auction.

yeah BD, set up a tour for your guests to visit the seaweed farms

also the seaweed farms really helps stop dynamite fishing and other destructive practices of the locals for subsistence as the seaweed farming provides them income without having to go out to sea and it also allows men and women to earn unlike the traditional fishing where men only do it and women are rather ... just waiting,
in seaweed farming it involves the community

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom