Any Average Depth tables available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thus renucleating yourself by climbing aboard with great stress and strain is moving in the wrong direction as far as safe diving is concerned. :nonono:

Doc,

I know this is a little off topic... but since I started this thread maybe I'm allowed :06:

Does the rate or amount of renucleating (I just had to use that word!) vary depending upon the physical fitness of the diver? I try to work out occassionally so walking around with a set of small doubles really doesn't seem to be a big deal. But am I at the same risk as someone who is out of shape?

By the way, I met a guy who did a 285' dive with the same profile that he's done before with one difference. After the dive right out of the water he walked straight up the beach to his car with all gear on and both AL80 deco bottles hanging from his harness. He ended up passing out shortly after and had to take an long chamber ride. It really sobered us all up to reducing activity after deco.

Dr Deco:
It is true. "Renucleate" made up, I did (as Yoda would say). But you could probably find it in other places from others.
You'll get 465 Google hits on renucleation, another 89 for renucleate and 25 for renucleating. :D

Add the hyphen and the numbers jump substantially.

Hello kramynot2000:

Nucleation and Fitness

In all of my studies, I have not noted a correlation of fitness and nuclei that is provable. There definitely is a correlation between physical fitness DCS. We find at NASA that less time is needed with oxygen prebreath to prevent DCS but this is usually attributed to improved perfusion in fit individuals.

Since there is not any way to actually measure nuclei number in tissue, it is not easy to resolve nuclei concentration issues from perfusion issues in living subjects. It is entirely possible that fit individuals do not nucleate as easily, but the mechanism for that would certainly be obscure.

“Renucleate” :1book:

Thanks to Uncle Pug for that check. I really doubted that this was such a novel word.

Dr Deco :doctor:

You can deside what You want to do with Your diving. Thats all good and fine, However, some of the folks reading these are beginner or near that.
Stay with the tables and debate what is going on with time/depth. I have been diving for over 32 years most of that after Navy diving school, and I have NEVER been bent. I spend at least 800 hrs a year underwater working. I NEVER bend the rules because I have seen many divers that have "bent the rules" most of which have had major complications after doing so. Like Dead!
I would rather spend a little less time underwater or do In Water Decompression than to "bend" the rules. When working with the Experimental Diving Unit in the USN I have seen many rules "bent" just to see what happens. When problems occured the Master Diver and Diving MD would "save the day".
When You decide that You are now the Master Diver and Diving MD and the Diver all together at one time then You will experence FEAR. Dying is pretty final. No Repetitive Group. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom