Any chicks in Jacksonville, Fl?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all due respect when you start a thread with "Chick" in the title you had to have known it was going to draw attention. The title could have easily had the word Female in place of Chick and accomplished what you were looking for with out the attention.

Oh trust me. I didn't think everyone would get stirred up over it. I don't think putting female would have changed it that much. It wasn't a big deal to me when I posted it but now at least I know what direction to go next time. Do you know of any good parks or beach dives around Jacksonville?

Oh trust me. I didn't think everyone would get stirred up over it. I don't think putting female would have changed it that much. It wasn't a big deal to me when I posted it but now at least I know what direction to go next time. Do you know of any good parks or beach dives around Jacksonville?
No problems just in a room full of guys it doesn't take a lot to get our attention. We are kind of like 3 year olds in that department, just the way we are wired, lol.

I am not real familiar with that area. I just picked up a little vacation home myself down in the New Smyrna area and I was directed towards an operation around there but thats a shot from Jacksonville.

BTW, welcome to Scuba board. You'll like it here.

I know Atlantic Pro Dive is going to try to get out this weekend and next, weather permitting. You may have to instabuddy but to me, that's better than nothing at all. Closest springs are about two hours away. APD also does rentals but I don't know the price. There phone number, if you're interested is: 904-270-1747. Good luck setting something up.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. If you make it to the west coast there is a lot of good diving in the Tampa/Sarasota /Venice area.

The problem is there are no "girls" diving in Florida, they are all in California. Half of my dive budies are female because they stop to think things through, have good buoyancy skills and know their limits. All the guys I have buddied up with were either "Rocket Man", yo yo the parascope or "Hey, dude, where'd you go?"

Welcome to SCUBA Board.

LOL Onespeed...

Seriously, scuba is a male dominated sport. I have no idea why, but that's the way it is. That being said, there are PLENTY of awesome dive buddies arount that WONT hit on you. I'm not saying that you wont find female dive buddies, but most of them that are active here are based out of the Keys and Ft. Lauderdale. If you're interested in diving around the Orlando area, let me know. There are a couple state parks that are pretty cheap!

Danny

AHEM!!!!
Some of us are NOT based in dat Suthern Florida area :D :D :D
And we ALL AREN'T out in California , mind you ... :rofl3:

OK , back to the programming already in progress.

Jean

P.S. And if ANYONE says to me that Diving is a Big Boys Sport again , there going to get a z-knife right across the ... er ... nevermind :D

Hiya RocknSeaBabe ... love that name :)
Welcome to ScubaBoard ... if you get down to the fort lauderdale area I will dive with you. We have shore dives in this area that are fun to dive plus we are loaded with wreck dives. You should join us at "Invade the Keys" we have a great time in Key Largo
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-keys-2008/
Have fun in Jacksonville :wink:
Kim P

Welcome to ScubaBoard. If you make it to the west coast there is a lot of good diving in the Tampa/Sarasota /Venice area.

Is that a SP 109 you are sucking on in your ava?

AHEM!!!!
Some of us are NOT based in dat Suthern Florida area :D :D :D
And we ALL AREN'T out in California , mind you ... :rofl3:

OK , back to the programming already in progress.

Jean

P.S. And if ANYONE says to me that Diving is a Big Boys Sport again , there going to get a z-knife right across the ... er ... nevermind :D

Da beano! No offense, I promise! I said MOST, not all! I also never said diving is a big boy sport, my girlfriend whoops my butt on air consumption...but it is undeniable that there are more male divers than female.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom