any dive clubs in arlington/DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimchicowboy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey everyone. i just moved to arlington from CA for work and would love to join a local scuba club. does anyone know of any? i live in the clarendon region and would need someplace in walking distance to the metro.

thanks! :)

I can't say for sure, but there used to be a club called the Rangers (?) If you do a search for "dive club" and DC they should come up. I seem to recall they were in the Greenbelt area.

In yahoogroups, there is AtlanticDiver and dc-scuba.

Both are heavily populated with DC metro divers.

Not sure about clubs, but many of the local stores have informal groups. I don't think any of the NoVA stores are metro accessible though.

BTW - welcome to the area!

There is also the DC Meetup group. They are having a happy hour tonight and they usually pick a place that is metro accesible.

Don't know too much about clubs in the area, other than I have been in contact with the Ocean Rovers Scuba Club from Frederick, MD - I haven't dove with them yet. I have met up with groups from The Dive Shop in Fairfax a few times though. If you call them, they usually know of some folks going diving on the weekends.

Don't know about Arlington / DC... but you're invited to check out Marylands number 1 club... Dive Travelers... based in Baltimore MD

Back
Top Bottom