Any Dive Site Recs for the Phils in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon

Reaction score
Will be in the Philippines in October for a week with my girlfriend (non-diver). Any suggestions on places with good diving that might also have nice beaches?

Thanks for the tip, and great photos in your flickr btw!

yup...Panglao Island, Bohol or Malapascua are good places to consider. In your shoes I might lean towards Panglao for the following reason. Staying on Panglao will offer a few more options than Malapascua for nondiving activities, such as taking a day trip to see the mini monkeys(tarsiers) and the chocolate hills. Malapascua is a beautiful island but aside from taking walks and chilling out on the beach not much to do aside from diving. Both places have nice beaches.

I've only ever been to Sabang (for diving) - you could stay at Big LaLaguna around the corner there, the beach is nice enough, although it gets a little small at high tide, and it's not a real sunbaking beach (ie lots of people lying on the sand) from what I've seen, like say, White Beach is (but WB's not so good for diving)

Otherwise - in addition to the above posters - perhaps Boracay?

Better option would be to find a GF who dives! Or get the current one interested :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom