Any diving deals from Christmas to New Years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Just wondering if there are any special diving deals between Christmas and New Years? The island doesn't matter as long as the diving is good!

thanks!

I don't know off the top of my head of anyone offering specials during the holidays. The operators I am familiar with don't lower (or raise!) the prices of their dives during holidays. I can't imagine why they would, actually. It seems like anyone who offers specials would do so during the slowest times, not the busiest times. Just my opinion, though. Good luck and have fun.

You might think it's a slow time as many people stay home with families for the holidays, but many also take advantage of the time off and slow time at work to get away. Some people even have a tradition of taking the whole family away someplace for the holidays. So typically the holidays are busy and if anything hotel prices get bumped up, and booking early may be necessary as many places fill up.

Sometimes there are deals in January right after the holidays, that's a slow time many places. (Before it picks up again with people wanting to escape the cold!)

Most hotel rooms and air fares go up during any holiday season - diving is not very expensive comparatively. And I've not heard of boat ops changing their pricing for high seasons. Slow season is right now up until early December, then things get very crowded until the end of February, slow down again until easter/spring break then get slow again until summer.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Shore diving on Maui if you've got your gear is very inexpensive and plentiful. Figure $2-$7/tank (with fill) depending on how many fills you get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom