female share Raja Ampat 2024 Christmas trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kfylucky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi , I am looking for another female to share cabin in 2024 christmas trip. I am thinking to take blue manta, 10 nights trip from Dec.24 to Jan. 3rd. Very solid liveboard , I don't see any negative reviews. I am also open to other optiosn as long as the trip is in the Christmas time...

I am from San francisco bay area, enginner, mid-30, around 100 logged dives. Please refer to your solo diver female friends, thank you!

Just making sure you know you can book the boat and trip you want as a solo diver. The liveaboard company will pair you with any other solo female that books. You don't have to book the cabin together with someone you know.

Hi , I am looking for another female to share cabin in 2024 christmas trip. I am thinking to take blue manta, 10 nights trip from Dec.24 to Jan. 3rd. Very solid liveboard , I don't see any negative reviews. I am also open to other optiosn as long as the trip is in the Christmas time...

I am from San francisco bay area, enginner, mid-30, around 100 logged dives. Please refer to your solo diver female friends, thank you!
I did that trip this past Christmas (Dec 23-Jan 2). Blue Manta is an awesome boat with a great crew! I had a solo cabin and it was only a 10% single supplement. I heard they upped the single supplement - but you might want to check that option as well!

Just making sure you know you can book the boat and trip you want as a solo diver. The liveaboard company will pair you with any other solo female that books. You don't have to book the cabin together with someone you know.
Yes for my past 2 trips, they did pair me with another solo female and they guarantee that when I book. When I contact blue manta management , they said they have NO ' same gender policy'. they will try but not guaranteed. That also happens to the Mermaid liveboards.

Well, I definitely could book myself, just don't want to take the risk ...

I did that trip this past Christmas (Dec 23-Jan 2). Blue Manta is an awesome boat with a great crew! I had a solo cabin and it was only a 10% single supplement. I heard they upped the single supplement - but you might want to check that option as well!
they now raise to 20% single supplement, spending $1000 more kinda hurts me ...:confused:

they now raise to 20% single supplement, spending $1000 more kinda hurts me ...:confused:
Understood - still a good deal vs other liveaboards, but $1,000 is still a lot of money!

Good luck with your room mate search! It is a great itinerary and it was fun to be on a boat in remote areas with incredible diving for Christmas and New Years!

Understood - still a good deal vs other liveaboards, but $1,000 is still a lot of money!

Good luck with your room mate search! It is a great itinerary and it was fun to be on a boat in remote areas with incredible diving for Christmas and New Years!
thank you! which cabin did you stay? I am considering stay in the lower deck but worry the engine may be too loud ...

thank you! which cabin did you stay? I am considering stay in the lower deck but worry the engine may be too loud ...
That's actually a good point, a couple of wooden hulled LOB's in Indonesia were noticebly quieter than the steel hulled MV Febrina which had an auxiliary diesel engine running 24/7 for power and AC etc but reverberated noisily through the lower cabins.
Maybe the engine mounts were shot or its heritage as an ex-prawn trawler showed?
You got used to it soon enough but it was a consideration for future LOBs in my book...

That's actually a good point, a couple of wooden hulled LOB's in Indonesia were noticebly quieter than the steel hulled MV Febrina which had an auxiliary diesel engine running 24/7 for power and AC etc but reverberated noisily through the lower cabins.
Maybe the engine mounts were shot or its heritage as an ex-prawn trawler showed?
You got used to it soon enough but it was a consideration for future LOBs in my book...
thank you to point this out! May I know which wooden hulled LOB are less noisy? I read several threads about LOB in raja ampat, peope recommend steel hulled for stability, quiet engine sound and no diesel smell. I didn't feel any sea sickness in my previous trips , so I ok with the size of LOB, but sound and smell are big concern for me...

Agree wooden boats may be quieter with regards to engine noise but there a constant creaking from the wood when the boat rocks even when its anchored.

Back
Top Bottom