Trip Report Raja Ampat 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, It was only 10% single supplement back in 2022. They raised it to 20% last year.

I’ll be on White Manta too in January 2025.
Yeah, I know it used to be 10%, but 20% is tolerable and beats every other operator that charges 70%-100%.

Forgot to mention that @cozcharlie was in this trip. You can see some of the pictures during this trip in his gallery.

Some people inquire about how I got from Houston to Sorong and back to home. Here’s what I did:

1. As shown in Table 1, below, I took Singapore Airlines from Houston to Singapore via Manchester, which is a very short stop over (90 minutes) without changing airplane, just walked out from seat to UK TSA, and walked back to my seat, which was a nice stretch and walk after 8.5 hours sitting in the airplane.

IMG_3346.jpeg

2. Got to my flight connection to Jakarta with 90 minutes layover in Singapore, arriving in Jakarta around 10am. Check in Anara hotel in Jakarta airport, upstairs (2nd floor) of Terminal 3 international arrival. Relaxed and checked out around 10pm.

3. Went upstairs to 3rd floor of Terminal 3 Garuda check in counter, dropped my checkin bag there and walked with my carryon to my flight departure gate.

4. After landed in Sorong around 6am, got my bag and walked out to meet Blue Msnta crews. They picked up my luggage and took me to the boat at Sorong harbor within half hour ride from the airport.

5. After the trip, Blue Manta crew took me back to Sorong airport at 7am.

6. Boarded on Garuda at 9am. Arrived in Jakarta at 11am (4 hour flight, westbound so we gained 2 hour of day time).

7. My next flight to Singapore was at 6pm. So for 7 hour layover in CGk Terminal 3, I had lunch at Bakmi Gajah Mada (the best Indonesian noodle franchise restaurant), went for 90-minute massage & shower at Kedaton Spa (see picture of the spa at 2nd floor of Terminal 3, below).

IMG_3312.jpeg

8. Inbound flight was the same route as the outbound flight. All went smoothly, so nothing much to tell. I was able to fly home from Sorong at the same day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom