Any info on 6/20 Sunset Beach Diving Accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it was a scary moment for many. Our Instructors (from Ocean Tours) mentioned to me the next day that the gentleman was going to recover fully, and was released from one of the chambers a few days later and went home.

I want to make clear that this did not happen with any Ocean Tours clients from El Cozumeleño, but our Instructors were there, and lended a hand.

parrotheaddiver:
CoCo's..... lucky girl......have fun Christi.....we wanna see pics of hammerheads:D

Yep, this trip's been 16 months in the making...it's finally time...wheels up in about 36 hours...I'll be able to mark off one of my dream destinations...now if I can just survive the 36+ hour crossing :)

I don't have any wide angle lenses or any really fancy toys compared to the rest in my group...some of the best UW photogs around...but I'll do my best :wink:

I'm still pinching myself that I'm actually going...pray for mantas and Mr. Big...I've never seen either one!!

OMG...I have to pack!!!!!!!!

CozumelAntonio:
Yes, it was a scary moment for many. Our Instructors (from Ocean Tours) mentioned to me the next day that the gentleman was going to recover fully, and was released from one of the chambers a few days later and went home.

I want to make clear that this did not happen with any Ocean Tours clients from El Cozumeleño, but our Instructors were there, and lended a hand.

Antonio, that's great news...thanks for chiming in and kudos to the Ocean Tours instructors! :)

What was the guy's problem, Antonio?

(I know this did not happen with any Ocean Tours clients from El Cozumeleño)

A shore dive gone wrong?
Training dive?
Snorkle trip?

Antonio, thanks for the info. It's good to hear that he was ok, just wish we had more specifics. But just knowing he was alright makes our group feel much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom