Any NoVa Divers with BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any divers near NoVa that dive a BP/W. I am looking to purchase (actually, my wife said she would buy it for me B-Day :D ) a BP/W setup, but I thought it would be best if I tried one out, even if it's just a pool. So, would anyone mind letting me take their setup into a pool one weekend? Thanks.

Victor

Virginia Scuba has Halcyon BP/wing set-ups in our rental fleet - $12/day. If you rent one to try it and then purchase one from us, we'll credit your rental fee towards your purchase.

Jackie

It sounds like Hoyden has given you the most practical advice but if that dosent work out and you want to travel to Harrisonburg I can let you try out one of mine. PM me if you are interested.

Zeb

You can try out mine as well if you would like. I have a Deep Sea Supply 26# torus with hog rigging. If you know Splash Dive Center in Alexandria they sell Dive Rite BP/Ws and have some for rent as well. They have pool sessions the first and third wed of every month for $25 plus whatever it would be to rent the BP/W. They probably won't charge you much if anything to rent if you tell them you are thinking about buying something.

Not to aardvark the thread or anything, WhitmanDive, but how are you liking that DSS torus?

Makai

WhitmanDive:
You can try out mine as well if you would like. I have a Deep Sea Supply 26# torus with hog rigging. If you know Splash Dive Center in Alexandria they sell Dive Rite BP/Ws and have some for rent as well. They have pool sessions the first and third wed of every month for $25 plus whatever it would be to rent the BP/W. They probably won't charge you much if anything to rent if you tell them you are thinking about buying something.

thank you for the input all.

WhitmanDive, i am familiar with splash. i am new to the area so don't really have a regular dive shop, but i have been to splash a few times. if you don't mind, i would love to try out your rig as that is almost the exact setup i am thinking about buying. i'm in between wings right now, i've heard the DSS wing attachment can be a pain sometimes. anyway, i will pm you. thanks.

Victor

I love the torus, it was the first BC I bought and I am very pleased with it. I dont know about the wing attachment being a pain it is actually really easy, for me at least. I realized just how much I liked it when I went to Cancun this past week for a mostly non-diving vacation and rented a bc instead of bringing mine. The bc I rented was good quality just nothing like the close streamlined fit of my BP/W. If you are at splash on a wed or friday night or any time on saturday I should be there, just ask around if you don't see a 17 year old.

Youre welcome to borrow one of mine too, I have a number of DiveRite wings and ss and al plates. PM me if youre interested

Back
Top Bottom