Loving my DGX BP/W!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got a DGX 30# donut wing.
I am very impressed with the quality of the wing, and for $199, unbeatable!. Made in USA too, in Los Angeles I believe.
Is the shell stiff like an Oxycheq or pliable like a Halcyon? What is the bladder material? I think it is fabric like Halcyon but I am not sure.

Is the shell stiff like an Oxycheq or pliable like a Halcyon? What is the bladder material? I think it is fabric like Halcyon but I am not sure.
The outer shell might be a touch thinner than the Oxy not sure I’ll have to check. But that’s not a bad thing. Lighter and more supple can be a good thing.
The inner bladder in the DGX is the new black pinch flat resistant fabric type material that is probably impregnated with urethane. It is thin but strong.
Over all I think it may be very similar to Oxycheq’s newest version wings, but I don’t know for sure because my Oxy 40# Mach 5 is over 17 years old and it has the older style very heavy gum urethane bladder. My old Oxy wing is very stiff, too stiff in fact. I bought the DGX to replace the Oxy when it finally dies but I’m having a hard time killing it.

The outer shell might be a touch thinner than the Oxy not sure I’ll have to check. But that’s not a bad thing. Lighter and more supple can be a good thing.
The inner bladder in the DGX is the new black pinch flat resistant fabric type material that is probably impregnated with urethane. It is thin but strong.
Over all I think it may be very similar to Oxycheq’s newest version wings, but I don’t know for sure because my Oxy 40# Mach 5 is over 17 years old and it has the older style very heavy gum urethane bladder. My old Oxy wing is very stiff, too stiff in fact. I bought the DGX to replace the Oxy when it finally dies but I’m having a hard time killing it.
my DGX wing has an oxycheq label on it

For getting on $100 savings my patriotism starts and ends with my pocket

Did you purchase this? If so how is the quality??
I got one just recently, through a sale,
170 cad with shipping.
I am very impressed, seems very good quality, I am making a travel / low profile /for my vintage double hose rig set, one thing that might be abit of a problem for double hose is inflator elbow placement...
But overall extremely happy with it.

I got one just recently, through a sale,
170 cad with shipping.
I am very impressed, seems very good quality, I am making a travel / low profile /for my vintage double hose rig set, one thing that might be abit of a problem for double hose is inflator elbow placement...
But overall extremely happy with it.
Just for the heck of it I ordered a similar wing from China using eBay. I paid $116 US (including sales tax) and I must say the wing is good quality. Thanks for the tip.

Just for the heck of it I ordered a similar wing from China using eBay. I paid $116 US (including sales tax) and I must say the wing is good quality. Thanks for the tip.

Only thing I have noticed is the elbow doesn't seen to be adjustable... and very tight.
Haven't got out the channel locks yet.
But it appears to sandwich the bladder.

Only thing I have noticed is the elbow doesn't seen to be adjustable... and very tight.
Haven't got out the channel locks yet.
But it appears to sandwich the bladder.
Use a rubber strap wrench, not channel lock.

Back
Top Bottom