Loving my DGX BP/W!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I got my DGX BP/W in a few days ago and tried it yesterday at Lake Lanier. Man! Am I impressed! The trim and comfort and ability to customize my fit and usability of this BP/W has me really pumped! Just walking around it felt more secure and not feeling as much weight as a usual BCD setup that shifts around when I walk or dive.
I got the SS backplate and Dive Rite weight pockets with their DGX custom package. It took me a while to put it together, but now I can do it much easier and quicker after going through it and working it out according to the instructions. The crotch strap really helps secure the rig too.
I still like my Zeagle Ranger and Stilletto BCDs, but this BP/W is now my favorite BC rig! I can't wait to dive it soon in my dry suit.
The gear that DGX sells is top quality at a great price! Thanks so much for guiding to me to DGX and their great gear and being a BP/W diver now! I'm a customer for life!

DGX BP/W setups are awesome for the money. In my opinion their package with the DGX regs are some of the best deals to be had, especially for someone starting out or on a budget. DXG can't be beat for customer service as far as I am concerned.

DGX BP/W setups are awesome for the money. In my opinion their package with the DGX regs are some of the best deals to be had, especially for someone starting out or on a budget. DXG can't be beat for customer service as far as I am concerned.
Yes, I often thought about going the BP/W route and I'm glad I finally did it! DGX made it easy and not as expensive as other BP/Ws.

Its quality stuff too. In my small group of dive buddies there are several of those rigs in use. They seem to be holding up great! In the future if something fails then no big deal just swap that individual component when the time come. That to me is one of the biggest perks of a backplate. Theres no reason you shouldn't be able to dive that same plate from now on.

I know instead of expensive repair or replacement of an entire BC, I just replace a component and use the BP as a foundation of my scuba unit from now. Plus DGX replacement bladder price for their 30lb. wing is $199 which in todays prices a real bargain.

I just got a DGX 30# donut wing.
I am very impressed with the quality of the wing, and for $199, unbeatable!. Made in USA too, in Los Angeles I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom