Any other divers out there that are smokers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjohn

Reaction score
I honestly do not intend to pour gas on a fire here, but I am wondering if there are many divers here that are smokers - as I am. I know this can be a volatile subject. My intent is to find out if there are any other divers here who feel sometimes ostracized because of their habit, as I often do. This is not meant to be a debate as to whether or not it is good to smoke, or whether it is a bad idea for a smoker to dive. I just want to find a dive buddy that can accept a smoking partner.

I honestly do not intend to pour gas on a fire here, but I am wondering if there are many divers here that are smokers - as I am. I know this can be a volatile subject. My intent is to find out if there are any other divers here who feel sometimes ostracized because of their habit, as I often do. This is not meant to be a debate as to whether or not it is good to smoke, or whether it is a bad idea for a smoker to dive. I just want to find a dive buddy that can accept a smoking partner.

There are quite a few smoking divers out there. This topic comes out here from time to time.

My feeling is that if you want to smoke, that's your choice. If someone else wants to not associate with you because you are a smoker, that's their choice.

Both choices are equally valid ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

sure, there are lots & lots of divers who smoke.

most boats(non-liveaboards) are smoke free......just have to 'hold it' for 4 to 6 hours.....

sure, there are lots & lots of divers who smoke.

(most) everybody in the Caribbean smokes----workers that is....no big deal....

I'd think it is more of an issue to find anyone who dives in grand rapids than anything else. Bet that water is cold up there... especially now.

Not usually a problem around here. I know many people who dive that smoke. Haven't really run into anyone that had an issue with me smoking.

My dive instructor was a smoker as well as a redbull and mountain dew addict. I don't think it was an issue for him. :)

I quit smoking about 20 years ago but I dive with buddies that smoke & some that don't (tobacco that is......)

I was a smoker, many years ago, as were lots of other divers. Most have stopped. But I can remember meeting a high official of the NOAA Diving Program for a smoke in one of the underwater phone booths that served as emergency way stations around the Hydrolab habitat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom