Any other divers out there that are smokers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't care if my buddy smoked *shrug*

I'm not a smoker anymore and am always shocked at the high percentage of divers I meet that smoke. I have been on multiple charters where people have smoked cigarettes, and have been on one charter where there was smoking going on after the diving, and it wasn't cigarettes :)

Never smoked cigarettes but I do enjoy a good cigar every now and then. :)

I've been on lots of boats with smokers in Florida and the Bahamas to name a few. As long as they are polite about it smoke where it blows the other way I don't care. Recently there was an Englishman on a boat in Pensacola who smoked like a chimney and would stand right in the middle of everyone, even his ashes would blow on people. I didn't think he was real cool. Nice guy though.

You guys probably have to light cigarettes to stay warm up there!

I should probably add that I am reformed smoker and very happy I quit in 1992.

Make sure to get the Nitrox Compatible cigarettes if diving Nitrox.

They gotta be hard to kept lit on a dive!!

This just made me realize something for the first time. I've done a number of resort trips where the diving was done from dayboats, and a number of liveaboard trips. Seeing smokers (both guests and staff) was always very common at resorts, whereas I've never seen even one on any liveaboard. The topic doesn't come up in the briefings, and I've never seen anyone light up.

My daughter and I just did a Nav class. While we were in the store for the classroom portion, he, the inst. would step outside to smoke. However, at the quarry, I never once saw him light up. I guess when he went to the restroom he could have. I stopped smoking about 20 yrs ago. And know how addicting it is.

Like what most have already mentioned, I don't care, just don't blow it in my face. Or I could take up chewing tobacco and start spitting.:D

Actually I have a customer that comes in, a older lady with tobacco in her lip. I can smell it and see the juices when she is talking to me. It takes everything I have to not starting gagging in from of her. I have to stand back away from her to control my gag reflex.

Was a smoker...... I guess I still am.
I have only been with out for three weeks, so when I smell cig I get the cravings.
I quit in hopes that it will in time help my sac rate. many of my dive buds are smokers

I quit 2 years ago but have been on and off the wagon after about 6 months away from those blasted things.

In the caribbean there are a lot of smoking divers and instructors that I've seen. Never seen anyone smoking on the dive boats and I try to be smoke free for several hours before I dive. It's afterwards that I slip up.

I'm alot better than I used to be before I quit. I don't take any smokes camping for days in the canadian wilds, I didn't bring any to St Croix this year but when we arrived and found no luggage and no hotel room...oh well, you know the rest...

I'm looking forward to our liveaboard vacation, I don't plan on bringing any...I hope there are no smokers on board...

Back
Top Bottom