Any other places i should consider for trip at beginning of december?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently looking at liveaboards in Thailand, Red Sea or St Martin to St Kitts.

Trying to keep the budget under 2500$ for the week with flights from Toronto/Buffalo
If you mean Canadian $2500 including the flights, only the Red Sea liveboards would be within that budget. You might get away with a Caribbean one with flights if you manage to catch a discount offer and/or cheap flights. But land based diving like a week in Cozumel might be achieved for that money as long as you avoid the expensive all inclusives and go for a package with Aqua Safari and similar outfits.

But your options are greatly increased if the C$2500 was your budget for the liveaboard week per se. Phuket liveaboards tend to be competitively priced and December is a good time to dive there.

Look at Cozumel, $900-1000 single all inclusive at Hotel Cozumel diving included. Tips $250, that leaves $1250 for airfare. There are plenty of ops and room/diving packages in that price range. I like Hotel Cozumel for the economy, access to dive shop and just 1/2 mile walk to downtown.

it's not valet diving, but most DM's will show all sorts of stuff, and keep you safe. I also like the relaxed pace of the big boats. The resort is just a place to wash, sleep and eat for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom