Any recommendations for DFW or East Texas tech instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kammel78

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

We live in NW La and I'm looking for recommendations for any good tech instructors that may be in the DFW or East Texas area. I've already done all my AOW stuff with some great local instructors but I'm having a hard time finding experienced tech instructors...specifically I'd like to get into sidemount and I'd like to develop more skills like better bouyancy, alternate finning techniques (frog, helicopter turns, etc.).

I've been in the water practicing as much as I can and I'm certainly up for figuring out SM on my own, but I feel like I could really benefit from someone with experience and a course that will make me a better diver.

And I'm trying to avoid the "cross stuff off a list" type instructors who are more interested in rushing you through a course than helping you develop skills that will make you a better diver.

I've got a list of DFW area shops to call next week, but I was hoping someone may have a recommendation to put me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I'm not trying to take anything away from Guruboy, but all you have to do is look right here if you are interested in GUE training around the DFW area:

Upcoming GUE Training in DFW

Cool. Thanks!

No problem at all.

Jason is a great resource for those interested in taking Fundies only, interested in more or already headed down the GUE path.

Side note: Our GUE affiliate group in the South Central region currently has over 60 members so there is always someone to dive with on most weekends. Come on out and dive with us! :)

Back
Top Bottom