Any recommendations on a dive resort in Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnchuck

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I an looking to dive in the Cayman Islands, does anyone have any recommendations for a good resort that has a dive package and good diving of coarse.

Which island in particular? You will find a lot of info right here in the Cayman Islands forum for the 3 islands by using the search function. Makes it easy to see all the posts and read those that interest you at your convenience.

Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman & Little Cayman Beach resort on LC.
Also Brac reef resort was nice but I was there pre huricane so I can't speak about it now.

I just got back on Dec 5th from 8 days at Cobalt Coast and can’t say enough good things about them. The rooms are very nice the food is excellent and the bar and restraint staff are top notch. The owner Arie is an amazing host who personally greets his guests and checks up on how your stay is going throughout the week.

DiveTech runs a fantastic operation and the dive staff is one the best I have had the pleasure to dive with, the boats are in great condition and they move the boats to alternate docks if the weather makes one side of the island to rough.

The atmosphere at Cobalt Coast is very friendly more like a big Bed and Breakfast than a resort, we did a shore dive from Sunset House during the week and I didn’t get the same comfortable vibe that I did at Cobalt Coast.

The only thing I found that wasn’t perfect was that the swim to the top of the reef from the dock is a bit farther than I had experienced in Bonaire and Curacao.

If you like turtles you will be very happy on Grand Cayman I saw turtles on every dive except Stingray City.

Nothing better than Sunset House on Grand Cayman

I have to agree with tajkd. My husband and I stayed at Sunset House in December 2007, and we thought it was terrific. Good accommodations, great dive centre and staff, nice restaurant/bar, close to town, there's a pool. It doesn't have a beach, but you can dive from the resort - it's got a sea pool. We were very impressed with the whole place, and highly recommend it.

I've used Sunset House twice now.
So I musta liked them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom