Any split fins to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a well-known high quality namebrand split fin for a couple of months this summer. They worked fine and were fast, with less muscle strain while in water with no current (lake, quarry, etc.). However, when wreck diving in current and surge in the ocean, I could not keep up with the other divers in my group and fell behind. By the end of the dive I was completely exhausted, with plenty of leg and cardiovascular overexertion to spare.

Just went back to my old reliable non-split design fins with flexible ridges and stiff edges. Better all-around design in my opinion. Just my 2 cents worth. Your experiences may be different.

If you're set on getting split fins then get the Black Twin Jets.

My sister uses those splits but I find them too soft for precise movements. I owned the twin jets for a while and liked them better. When SP came out with the twin speeds, I found my fin. They are longer and stiffer than all the other split fins I have used. I can kick and maneuver with the best of them, even in raging currents. I spent 30+ years in Jet fins and can say I like the twin speeds much better. Find some and give them a try.

I've tried numerous fins and can say that ScubaPro Twin jets are the best. I have done lots of diving with Paddles ..and thats about what they are good for , paddles..

I had knee surgery a few years ago and find the Scuba Pros much less resistant and 100 percent effective. .

I m glad i spent the extra hudred bucks !!! I have the really cool blue ones, but now wished I had the neg. buoyant Black ones.. But blue, especially that blue is my favorite color.. :dazzler1:

Next Stop Belize, March 12th on the Nekton.. I just wish the replacement straps werent 20 bucks... each..

Regards,
Mike

Allison Finch:
My sister uses those splits but I find them too soft for precise movements. I owned the twin jets for a while and liked them better. When SP came out with the twin speeds, I found my fin. They are longer and stiffer than all the other split fins I have used. I can kick and maneuver with the best of them, even in raging currents. I spent 30+ years in Jet fins and can say I like the twin speeds much better. Find some and give them a try.

scubapro twin speeds

I have both the Twin Jets and the Twin Speeds. Honestly can't make up my mind which I like better. Use the Jets with my DS and the Speeds when diving wet.

Well i was very hard pressed to decide on the Volos, but ended up with the Tusa Black Zooms, the stiffer ones. Which i found seemed to be a lot easier to manouver with. However due to the angle of them they are crap for snorkelling as hard to keep them completely submerged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom