Any suggestions on a good mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudvr

Registered
Reaction score
Being a new diver I purchased a mask without any consultation which was my first mistake. Having said that, I bought a high volume, leaky mask so I am on the search for a new one. I now know from classes that I am willing to spend some $$ for a good one and am open to suggestions. I am thinking of a low volume, non-purge mask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I spent somewhere between $30-40 for mine-- a Zeagle Ebon-- and I love it. It is very low volume and quite comfortable. To give you an idea of scale, I am 6'1" and weigh about 195lbs. My head is in relatively normal proportion to the rest of my body. If you are in the ballpark (or even just outside of it) to these dimensions, I'm sure this mask could suit you as well.

Of course, nothing can substitute trying on for fit and comfort-- just don't be deceived into thinking that those virtues are dependent on price.

For me, the Scubapro Frameless was the best. After two years and 150 dives, I still love it. Of course, everyone's face is different - but I suggest you at least try one on. Also, the black mask skirt is a great way to go if you plan on doing any u/w photography.

The ScubaPro Frameless is my favorite mask (ok, other then the AGA...). Give one a try. Very low volume, no reflections.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom