Any Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today we had 6 people on the boat and it was fine. Conditions were nice but we had no problems with space. Ana maybe you could sign up Sunday and go on the boat with us. We did run out of gas which was the responsibility of the previous operator, but they have the AAA-like service for boats and we were "rescued" in the middle of the channel 300 yards from the boat launch. We must be sure we have a full tank of gas before we go out !!! It was really fun and an amazing day. I will do my reports tonight.

Sean

You ran out of gas on the chartered dive boat? I would understand on a private boat like on the Panga or the zodiac...but if you are shelling out $90 for a boat dive I would think they would have enough gas! Guess it's no big deal as long as they got you back to dry ground eventually.

LOL no they would get in big trouble on the charter. It was the Panga. We were really close to home, but still no gas :) They don't have a gas guage, and the previous operator is supposed to fill the tanks up when he's done with the boat. He didn't do it, and we didn't know, so we just ran out. No biggy but we need to check that tank before we go!!!

Sean

added this to post:

Ana you can get on the Panga on the 25th. There are spots open. You could dive with John A. Ryan and Roy, looks like a spot is open on the 12th. Just go to diveanimals.com and click on schedule a boat dive.

Sean

Hmmm the Panga on the 25th eh....i will look into that.

I cant dive off the boat on the 12th but would love to shore dive with those who are not doing the whole boat thing.

I am getting so excited. I booked my hotel so I am set to go....

Ana

Ana - what are your exact dates that you are going to be here? And when are you looking to dive? I know you want to dive as much as possible, but really - how much? Like if you are here Friday night we could dive then - Sat morning - Sat night - Sun morning - Sun night? I can possibly dive the Fri night, Sat morning and Sun night...but I don't want my wife to be mad at me if I dive too much :)

Sorry for the last post Ana! I went back and read the whole thread and it is all there! So you'll be here Sat mid-morning and want to dive Sat night, Sun morning if possible. I could swing the Sun morning if my wife is OK with going to late church. I will ask about Sat night. The only problem with a 'real' night dive and an early next day dive is getting tanks re-filled. You have your shinny new tank, but are you getting another for the weekend - or just re-filling? OEX closes at 6pm on Sat and doesn't open until at least 8am on Sun -- just a thought.

ryanarcher:
The only problem with a 'real' night dive and an early next day dive is getting tanks re-filled. You have your shinny new tank, but are you getting another for the weekend - or just re-filling? OEX closes at 6pm on Sat and doesn't open until at least 8am on Sun -- just a thought.

This is why I have 7 tanks!! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom