Any Tag Heuer owners out there???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeze

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Guys... I'm considering a new Tag Heuer watch for myself and was wondering what the opinions of those who already own one are? I've had my eye on the Aquaracer Quartz Chrono because it's just about the only one with a center dial minute hand. Does anyone out there own one of those and if so... is the minute hand smooth like a Rolex or does it go tick tick? I also like the automatic Aquaracer but the dial isn't as nice as the brushed steel and blue subdials in the quartz version. I have a Submariner (which I wouldn't take diving) and a Citizen Aqualand (which I do). Any input would be great!

Yea... those are really cool too. I was looking at one today.

I have the Tag Professional Sport , and have had it for about 6 years now and love it.
The second hand clickes.
Be aware that you will need to send the watch to New York about every 3 years for a cleaning and new battery. The cost for the repair work will be about $100.00.
As a side note, I am tough on watches. This watch has had its share of spills. So far it has survived a few falls, one was even from a tank 30 feet high on to the concrete below.
When this one brakes, I will buy another.
Jim Breslin

I have a TAG Kirium, and I bought my girlfriend a TAG Aquaracer when she graduated from undergrad. Both are beautiful watches. I don't dive mine here locally (wouldn't fit over the dry suit), but plan to wear it in Bonaire (ditto for my girlfriend). The second hand is not smooth, but ticks (not an issue IMO). You do NOT need to send the watch to NY (as written above; not sure where that info's from). Most authorized dealers should be able to switch the battery out and maintain the seal. It's a bit expensive, maybe $70. I had to do it once after five years. Not really an issue (took a couple of hours). We've been extremely happy with both watches.

I have a TAG submariner but I dive with my Luminox. LOL

On some of the watch forums, the Aquagraph is VERY highly regarded as a dive watch. One of the very few watches who's pushers are designed to be operated under water (pushers operate the chronograph functions). It also has a He escape valve like the Rolex SeaDweller.

spacer.gif

http://www.timezone.com/library/news/news631782551583906250

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=41962&highlight=aquagraph

I have the Kirium as well . Ive had it about six years and have changed the battery twice. Im pretty rough on my watches and have had no problems. The jeweler I bought mine from can replace the battery and they only charge for the batteryit was like 16$.I believe it is recommended to be serviced .Hmm maybe for warranty reasons. Any complaints? I wish I had gone with a kinetic,but otherwise its a great watch.

I have a Kirium Chronograph I love. I've had it in the pool a few times, but don't use it for diving, largely because it's a non-adjustable metal bracelet. I have a Citizen and a couple of cheaper watches I dive with. The second hand ticks - I'm guessing you meant the second hand rather than the minute hand.

Tag makes great watches. If the watch in question is water proof enough (sounds like it is), you certainly could take it diving. Personally, I have no interest in taking something that expensive down, when my $100 Swiss Army 200m watch does the same job underwater (only to be outdone by my $50 Casio G Shock).

Wonderful topside, however. I'd take it swimming in a heartbeat, or wear it to dinner with the gang apres-dive, but I don't trust an investment-grade watch to the vagaries of the open ocean.

The Rolex is the only major watch maker that has the second hand that rolls instead of ticks. (There are one or two ultra high-end niche makers, I think, but none with the kind of distribution of Rolex, Tag, Omega, etc.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom