Any Tag Heuer owners out there???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Kirium with the copper face. It was a gorgeous watch but hard to read. I sent it in for service, and Tag Heuer wanted $500 to fix it. Not worth it to me so I got a Swiss Army dive watch from Costco that I can read. Plus the band adjusts if I wear a wetsuit with sleeves.

I collect Tags but don't dive with them. I like the Aquaracer a lot. Tag hands do go tick, tick.

I think there may be some confusion here. Quartz watches have second hands that go "tick-tick". Watches that appear to "roll" are mechanical, and incidentally invariably more expensive than a quartz watch of similar quality. If you look carefully they also in fact tick, but at fractiions of a second corresponding to to the BPH of the movement. Lets not go blowing any trumpets for Rolex...... :)

I have a mechanical HEUR (pre TAG) and it still works fine. I do not like battery powered quartz watches. My wife bought it for a wedding gift for me. Since then she has (good wife----good wife) bought me other watches for aniversery occasions. My current favorite is the infamous Seiko Orange Monster. A mechanical beast, ugly and beastly with garish orange dial--I love it.

I have an early---no longer made Tag Heuer formula One, the battery is dead--oh well.

I also have a DOXA Sub. It is a superb and very high quality watch and somewhat expenisive and in my opinion better looking than the Rolex. I like the built in Navy Tables on the bezel and the timeless 60ish styling, there are to many Rolex clones out there, this one is not.

Mechanical watchs have smoothly sweeping second hands, all quartz watches I have seen, to some degree or another, have second hands that tick--tick--tick. The DOXA and the Seiko move smoothly and the DOXA moves very smoothly and quietly.

Rolex is way over rated because AmuriKans were told they was gooder so we alls went and got us one to wear with our'n golden chains.

No thanks, any good Swiss brand watch (or Italian/German) that is a quality MECHANICAL movement will have a smooth sweeping second hand. They still move in increments but they are very tiny corresponding to the beat rate of the movement. The Orange Monster for example though it is mechanical and much smoother than a quarty watch has visible movements but the DOXA is virtually continuous. My old mechanical HEUER also moves in a smooth sweep.

Quartz watches are good for every day and disposable use. Real watches are full of gears and springs and movements. They are a living thing brought to life by yourself and your living movements.

N

Look into a Breitling I have had mine for over 2 yeaars dive with it wakeboard droped it its indestructable. Plus no need to send it in for bateries its a self winding watch.

My Tag Heuer keeps better time than any Rolex or Omega I've ever owned. Its a rock.

I don't dive with it, because it would sit right under my compass, and I dive dry.

As to sending it to NY, that's just not necessary unless your local Tag dealer is unable for some reason to change a batt and pressure test it.

I've had mine for about 8 years. Love it. Wear it every single day, beat it to death, and its just a rock. I'm not a watch geek or a gadget guy, but I can say without reservation I have never regretted this purchase for one perfectly timed second.

---
Ken

The guy that replaces me at work has a TAG Pro Sport, his is not working at the moment but he found the one jewerler local that works on them in his area and was taking it in for repair. I'm not sure what wasn't working but I do remember it is less than 2 years old (bought duty free when we were in Barbados) and he very seldom wears it.
I myself like nice watches but I hate heavy watches so my last 2 have been Titanium.

Mo2vation:
My Tag Heuer keeps better time than any Rolex or Omega I've ever owned. Its a rock.

I don't dive with it, because it would sit right under my compass, and I dive dry.

As to sending it to NY, that's just not necessary unless your local Tag dealer is unable for some reason to change a batt and pressure test it.

I've had mine for about 8 years. Love it. Wear it every single day, beat it to death, and its just a rock. I'm not a watch geek or a gadget guy, but I can say without reservation I have never regretted this purchase for one perfectly timed second.

---
Ken

I've had the same experience with my Tag Professional (black face, stainless body and band). I don't dive in mine either (again, the drysuit thing) but I have worn it every day for the last 10 years or so. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

My wife and I have Tag Heuers and love them. We have each done several hundred dives with these watches. We have had the O rings replaced every 2 years and presssure-tested.

However, we have stopped wearing them on dives, because I discovered that the pressure-testing done here is only to 5 ATA!

To those of you who are wearing them on dives: Don't assume that the pressure-testing done on an O ring replacement is to the rated depth of the watch!!!

Nemrod:
Mechanical watchs have smoothly sweeping second hands, all quartz watches I have seen, to some degree or another, have second hands that tick--tick--tick. The DOXA and the Seiko move smoothly and the DOXA moves very smoothly and quietly.

N

You're right Nemrod. I just checked my automatic Tags and they are all sweeping or very tiny ticks. The battery operated ones are the tick tick ones.

Back
Top Bottom