Any Tag Heuer owners out there???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeze:
Hey Guys... I'm considering a new Tag Heuer watch for myself and was wondering what the opinions of those who already own one are? I've had my eye on the Aquaracer Quartz Chrono because it's just about the only one with a center dial minute hand. Does anyone out there own one of those and if so... is the minute hand smooth like a Rolex or does it go tick tick? I also like the automatic Aquaracer but the dial isn't as nice as the brushed steel and blue subdials in the quartz version. I have a Submariner (which I wouldn't take diving) and a Citizen Aqualand (which I do). Any input would be great!

I dove with mine for years until I left the bezel unscrewed and flooded it. I loved it but it was never the same since. I now dive with a $50 G Shock. For what they cost, I now think I was foolish to take such a nice watch in salt water just because I could. From a functional perspective, the G Shock is the better dive watch in addition to being expendable. Why not get both a TAG and a G Shock?

Kendall Raine:
I dove with mine for years until I left the bezel unscrewed and flooded it. I loved it but it was never the same since. I now dive with a $50 G Shock. For what they cost, I now think I was foolish to take such a nice watch in salt water just because I could. From a functional perspective, the G Shock is the better dive watch in addition to being expendable. Why not get both a TAG and a G Shock?
End of thread.

:wink:

Because the G Shock has digital low contrast numerals and does not show the passing of time that only an analog watch can. Since I can remember I have been dislexic and I still have problems with numbers swapping them around in my head. There are actually many people like this. People who can remember written text forever but cannot remember their phone number.

I simply cannot use a digital number display, it is virtually useless to me but with a single glance I can tell the time and measure it's passing with an analog watch.

Same with an spg, I cannot use computer readouts, I have to have depth and pressure etc in analog presentation.

N

I dove my Tag Heuer Link Chrono several times, usually in the pool when I help with classes, no comp needed and I use a cheap reg with just a pressure guage. I love it and it's very stylish, but heavy.

I have dove my Tag Professional in Cozumel more times than I can remember. It's 8 years old and looks brand new. As much as I like it, I would never buy another strictly for the customer service issues. Having to send it to New Jersey every couple of years for a battery at the cost of $100 and having to wait 4 - 6 weeks to get it back gets old. And the customer service people are the ruddest and have the worst attitudes of any I have ever dealt with.

I have a Kirium. I have had it for more then 5 years. I have had to replace the battery twice and on the second battery change, I had to have the seals replaced. I send it directly to Tag for the servicing. I found that when the store knows that out are using it for diving, they want it sent directly to tag for the servicing. The store does not want to be responsible should something happen, plus it is pressure tested to its max. It fits over my 3mm wet suit just fine but of course snug over the 5mm. There is a bad that tag makes that is adjustable for that reason but it is a special order and it is expensive, I believe I was quoted around 500+ for that band.

I am very happy with the watch except I find it heavy for a ladies watch. I was looking at the newer ones and they are a fair bit lighter so I might replace mine with a newer one. I have no concerns about diving with it regardless of the cost. IF you paid that much for it, I would think that one would cover it with your homeowners insurance or something similar. Things do get lost, but when all said it is just a watch. Use it and enjoy it until the end.

Back
Top Bottom