Any tips on valve drill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it's a Borg cupcake. It was an answer to all the people who said I was intimidating because of the Borg Queen avatar. Who can be afraid of a cupcake?

Relaxation comes with practice and confidence and the absence of blue gloves of death . . . :D

Yes, it's a Borg cupcake. It was an answer to all the people who said I was intimidating because of the Borg Queen avatar. Who can be afraid of a cupcake?

Relaxation comes with practice and confidence and the absence of blue gloves of death . . . :D

I was lurking on that thread. Very crafty change of avatar, I must admit once it sunk in I got a good laugh. I am not intimidated by a cup cake, however the blue gloves send a shiver down my spine :shocked2:

Thanks for the tips. I will practice these. Now about the relaxed part. If you could offer some good advice on how to relax, that would help me 24/7. :idk:

:) I was thinking about this thread, and others advice regarding breathing. I remember in the beginning I would always end up on an out breath when the valve closed, which caused some buoyancy and tension issues. That is no longer the case.

I think by practicing the simple move of shutting the valve, and switching regs over and over, the moves/sensations became more natural. The pratice probably built the instinctual habit of switching to mid breath--just about the right time.

I don't really try to alter my breathing now, but no longer find my lungs empty when the valve shuts.

With practice it should become natural and a non-issue.

Good luck :)

Since we're indulging in silly season, GUE requires you to initial a form promising not to use 'illicit' drugs like Marijuana. That brings up the question of what happens if California or other states legalize pot. If it's legal, it's no longer illicit.:wink:

Originally posted by TSandM

Relaxation comes with practice and confidence and the absence of blue gloves of death . . .
04.gif

For some people it's clowns, for some it's Borg Queens, for some it's (shudder) Cupcakes . . . AAAGH! Take it away! Make it stop!

Guy ("Snakes . . . Why did it have to be snakes?")

I can attest that after asking my teacher if half a valium would help me , he was not amused!! :)

Is joking DIR?

love this tread very very helpful.
ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom