Any1 up for a paid full day of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot everyone for your responses. Two divers for this have been finalized. I am really sorry for not being able to respond in time but I was getting many MANY pms and internet connection is SUPER SLOW for some reason I cant figure out! The last few days have been very crazy because of this project as well. I am sure you folks will find it in your hearts to forgive me for the late reply.

For those of you who are interested in knowing how this went, I will keep you posted. My feeling is that it will generate a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks once again everyone. Ill keep you posted and if this become the hit that I think it will, I will have more free diving to offer :)

"Mike's Wreck" and the "Civil War Wreck" are two different sites. The "Civil War Wreck" is the TONAWANDA. "Mike's Wreck" is a different vessel -- its identity is revealed on page 99 in the book Images of America: Florida's Shipwrecks by Arcadia Publishing, due out in July.
:D

I stand corrected...I googled and ended up with Mike's somehow.

"Mike's Wreck" and the "Civil War Wreck" are two different sites. The "Civil War Wreck" is the TONAWANDA. "Mike's Wreck" is a different vessel -- its identity is revealed on page 99 in the book Images of America: Florida's Shipwrecks by Arcadia Publishing, due out in July.
:D

Some sites list Tonawanda and Civil War wreck as two different sites.

Take a look at 12.THE ELBOW
GPS Map of Key Largo Pennekamp Park Forida

Can't believe what I read in the internet anymore. Time to read the newspapers instead:D

I have removed any of the posts that were in reference to some off topic negative sentiment. If one of your posts was deleted, that's why...I hate moderating stuff - so let's just leave it at that​

I was going to comment on the ex-USS Tonawanda and her importance in the blockade during the Civil War, but that's a native American name used on a warship during perilous times, so I'll go mow the lawn instead.
Hey, why can't I write in Arabic here? English was my fourth language and I'm feeling a little put out.

I was going to comment on the ex-USS Tonawanda and her importance in the blockade during the Civil War, but that's a native American name used on a warship during perilous times, so I'll go mow the lawn instead.
Hey, why can't I write in Arabic here? English was my fourth language and I'm feeling a little put out.

MarHaba. letkHaaf, iHna hna Hatta insa'dak. laazim infatshak. indaar, irfa eedayk.

Feel better? sorry, I only know commands. anee maa a'ruf aHchee arabee.

Hello, click the pic:wink:

Today was a perfect day to spend on the water. The sea where calm and the current was moderate. Captain Slate and the Atlantis dive center have a great staff and a helpful crew. We had a crew of 2 divers, the host, 2 camera men one for the surface and one for underwater. Our day started with a double dip on the Spiegel Grove, the current was there but once you got down to the structure it was fine. By the second dive the current had picked up a bit and the underwater camera man had to work for his money. By the time we returned to the surface the above camera man was sea sick (poor guy) The water was beautiful blue and wreck was a blast. 2 dives 100ft and 92 ft bottom temp 78. Then we where off to the City of Washington and lunch was served. This was a great 30ft dive and it allowed the camera man and our Host to position us and gives us instruction on what to do, this is a great sight full of fun small life a photographers dream. The Civil War wreck is a fantastic small site, it sit surrounded by sand as the coral pillars towards the surface. This is a very pristine sight it had a fresh untouched look to it. The Lobsters where great, they where everywhere, under every ledge, and in every crack I had so much fun playing with them. Those lobsters sure do know they are out of season, and in a protected area. They come right out of the holes and feel you with their antennas. I hope this site does not get to many divers; it is small and fragile but absolutely stunning. I would like the chance to say Thank You to the crew of “Voice of America” you guys where perfect gentlemen and I had a fun day.

Hello, click the pic:wink:

Today was a perfect day to spend on the water. The sea where calm and the current was moderate. Captain Slate and the Atlantis dive center have a great staff and a helpful crew. We had a crew of 2 divers, the host, 2 camera men one for the surface and one for underwater. Our day started with a double dip on the Spiegel Grove, the current was there but once you got down to the structure it was fine. By the second dive the current had picked up a bit and the underwater camera man had to work for his money. By the time we returned to the surface the above camera man was sea sick (poor guy) The water was beautiful blue and wreck was a blast. 2 dives 100ft and 92 ft bottom temp 78. Then we where off to the City of Washington and lunch was served. This was a great 30ft dive and it allowed the camera man and our Host to position us and gives us instruction on what to do, this is a great sight full of fun small life a photographers dream. The Civil War wreck is a fantastic small site, it sit surrounded by sand as the coral pillars towards the surface. This is a very pristine sight it had a fresh untouched look to it. The Lobsters where great, they where everywhere, under every ledge, and in every crack I had so much fun playing with them. Those lobsters sure do know they are out of season, and in a protected area. They come right out of the holes and feel you with their antennas. I hope this site does not get to many divers; it is small and fragile but absolutely stunning. I would like the chance to say Thank You to the crew of “Voice of America” you guys where perfect gentlemen and I had a fun day.
... and, we guys would like to say... witch... witch... witch... lol

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom