anybody going on a diving/camping trip soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning on being in the Keys from Dec 17 or 18th until Jan 7 or 8th. I will be driving down from north Alabama with a 2 person Sit-on-top Kayak, SeaDoo DPV, and tons of scuba gear. My plans are subject to change location wise, but I'm open to joining any groups of experienced divers or sharing the cost of camping or some of my hotel rooms if you guys want a place to stay. The locations that I have a hotel reserved will not change. I have reserved *some* dives, but the ones I have reserved are refundable and I will likely change them... so I'm open to joining others.

Dec 17-18: No plans - Camp both nights?
Dec 19-22: Key Largo, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Condo (3 nights, Ocean Pointe Suites, Tavernier)
Dec 22-23: No plans - Camp both nights?
Dec 24-26: Key West, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Suite (2 nights, Holiday Inn)
Dec 26-28: Camp, Dry Tortugas (2 nights, not reserved yet)
Dec 28-Jan 2: Key West, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Suite (5 nights, Holiday Inn)
Jan 2-8: No plans yet - Camping? (Want to slowly make way north)

As for the Dry Tortugas, the weight limit you can take with you is around 40 lbs/person. Probably won't be able to get full gear over (including tanks, food, tent, etc) but maybe together we could.

Steve
DiveHSV@hotmail.com
NAUI Instructor #40927

Dry Tortugas Park .... you might want to check any regulations on scuba diving.
I -don't- believe they allow any lobstering or spearfishing in the park boundaries.

Fort Jefferson itself is a neat place to stop while on a liveaboard trip,
but I don't think I'd camp in that mosquitoe haven during bug season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom