Anybody Seen My Kid?......sailing *somewhere*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the drama unfolds....Free diver dies on the same boat today... Spent all day listening to it...Guys, she has radar..Her girl child was on this boat today. 40 Y/O freediver found UC at 90 feet..... He is dead..... I try to explain ( oh spellin gettin bad in a hurry) to people but health care providers ,,,,, Ummm, well, we know,,,,Ya, there is a reson we heal people, not us but something tells us, or we just know....Not sure how to say this so I will let it go.....

Dang!

So C's daughter is okay? Mentally I mean after this?

No doubt, kids of people learn even though they may not see it first hand... They hear..And she is apretty level headed girl anyway...Good kid all around...... She is OK Im sure.............

Todd Williams is calling the head of the Coast Guard in Hawaii as we speak....

The Coasties are being very tight lipped with me...DID NOT EVEN TELL ME SOMEONE DIED....WC did.

I called them this morning "with a feeling" about the time of the death.

I was sort of joking around because I couldn't shake the feeling I needed to know where the boat was.....

I have called them twice in six years. They sure are not very helpful.

When WC told me on the phone, offhandedly, I almost drove off the Pali.

One of the other parents just told me only 15 kids on the boat...I assumed it was bigger.

There goes that intuition we've all been talking about for weeks. I ALWAYS go with my gut. It's seldom wrong.

Glad your daughter's okay.

Give me a break.

The Coast Guard is telling everyone that they cannot release any information until the next of kin of the deceased diver is notified. Yet...there are kids on the boat and they have been sitting offshore out of cell phone range for about ten hours.

I don't even care that they are continuing the trip...I think it is very poor form that it's all over the VHF and no one has made any calls yet.

The dean of Punahou just called me...he just found out an hour ago and he says it was her Marine Biology teacher, a very devoted teacher. They come in to Honolulu harbor tomorrow afternoon and will have grief counselors there..

....she just called they are in range. The teacher is someone that I know, he came to my house for the Reefcheck fundraiser. Reefcheck people can pm me if you haven't heard. Alexa made it sound like shallow water black out, from the description. He was recovered in 90 feet.

man.

Catherine, what sad news. I am sure the kids will be ok. It will be hard on them and it will teach them something about life that most people try to ignore. It will also make them better people if handled correctly. My prayers to the teachers family, friends, and students.

I pray for you and your daughter Catherine. . .

Sorry to hear Catherine. What a tragedy. I'm praying for your daughter and her classmates as well as the family and friends of the teacher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom